• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
What is the best way to identify COLL from any angle?

Use something like hyperorientation or just learn the 4 angles for each 2 sides of all the colls?

When I identify COLL I put it in a specific angle, that sometimes result in a U2 + U2 before applying the alg :confused: :?
If I’m not mistaken, you should only have to look at 3 non-last-layer colors to recognize it.

DNF_Cuber

Can someone please give me the algs for the RUS u perm?
R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2
R2 U S' U2 S U R2
But next time post here:

Scollier

Dream inside of a Dream inside of a Dream
YouTube
Visit Channel
R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2
R2 U S' U2 S U R2
But next time post here:

Sorry, and Thanks!

fadsarmy

If this was your last white edge insertion to finish the cross, what is the best alg/move to insert it?

Attachments

• cross.jpg
    cross.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1

xyzzy

If this was your last white edge insertion to finish the cross, what is the best alg/move to insert it?
Some choices:
U r U' r'
U' R' F R

What is the best way to identify COLL from any angle?

Use something like hyperorientation or just learn the 4 angles for each 2 sides of all the colls?
Hyperorientation is useless for 2-sided recog. Ideally, you should just learn all four angles.

Is a cube with depressed centers WCA legal?
Yes.

kubnintadni

What's the name of the method where you do Cross and F2L as in CFOP or CFCE, but finish off with CPEOLL and 2GLL?

nirmod06

I still use non advanced f2l; is there a way to know which of my solutions is slow? my general feeling is that the cases where I use two cube rotations is too much and I should ideally try to limit those.

Also, for theory purposes, is there a list of all possible f2l cases? that is every corner location, every edge location, and every slot to insert to and every free slot combination.
Learning all these should be sufficient

• Eyes Up
Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it worth trying to practice just doing 3 cross edges if I sometimes can't currently do 4? I find I mess up on cross a lot.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it worth trying to practice just doing 3 cross edges if I sometimes can't currently do 4? I find I mess up on cross a lot.
I wold really try and get to a point where you can do all 4 every time and by memorizing the 6-9 moves necessary to resolve it. I’ve spent the last month heavily practicing cross, over 500+ cross only exercises with no timer and I recorded my move count in catimer. Sometimes you get a really bad scramble and I need to spend a few minutes working out a solution mentally. It’s hard work and not always a lot of fun but the rewards are starting to show up in my times solves.

I also used to struggle with on out being able to get partial cross solutions but with lots of diligent practice I'm seeing positive results

D

Deleted member 55877

practice 4 even if it's hard, trust me. it will get easier over time, but if you only practice 3 then you'll always struggle to do 4 (my personal experience)