• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jdh3000

This is mainly focused on 3x3 cfop and roux last layer:

I know it depends on who is doing it of course, but anyone who is proficient in both methods should know.

Is cmll faster than full oll/pll? I know there are more advanced coll and other things things, but as I understand it most use cmll in roux, but I may be wrong...

I know move count factors in.

I use cfop and have dabbled in roux, but just wondering how these two compare on last layer.

DNF_Cuber

This is mainly focused on 3x3 cfop and roux last layer:

I know it depends on who is doing it of course, but anyone who is proficient in both methods should know.

Is cmll faster than full oll/pll? I know there are more advanced coll and other things things, but as I understand it most use cmll in roux, but I may be wrong...

I know move count factors in.

I use cfop and have dabbled in roux, but just wondering how these two compare on last layer.
cmll is faster than CFOP last layer, but you have to compare cmll+L6E to CFOP LL to make it a real debate

ZF slow

YouTube
Visit Channel
CFOP and Roux are hard to compare as they share nothing in common, but comparing just CMLL to LL is unfair. as DNF_Cuber said, you'd have to include LSE.

I think it heavily depends on the person. Some people will be faster with CFOP LL, and some people will be better with the more intuitive nature of LSE, as well as favouring the fingertricks.

The 3 top methods are so close in theoretical optimal speed that I think it mostly depends on the solver picking the method that suits them and their skill set the best

jdh3000

cmll is faster than CFOP last layer, but you have to compare cmll+L6E to CFOP LL to make it a real debate
I guess since I'm fairly ignorant of Roux that I phrased it as a "last layer"... I guess I really meant the last part, the cornrrs and edges after the blocks compared to LL of cfop.

D

Deleted member 55877

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but how do I get my PLLs under 3 seconds? Most of them are but no matter how much I practice, my G and N perms aren't. (I'm using https://bestsiteever.ru/pll/ to practise them).
Use good algorithms and fingertricks, and drill them. I have a video on the old PLL's and fingertricks I used to use, which are all consistent and sub-1-able.

DNF_Cuber

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but how do I get my PLLs under 3 seconds? Most of them are but no matter how much I practice, my G and N perms aren't. (I'm using https://bestsiteever.ru/pll/ to practise them).
more than just repetition, you need to make sure you are executing the fingertricks right. Think about your algs like Wrist R' -> Push U', etc.

jdh3000

You could try different algorithms dor the same case. I recently changed a couple that just never flowed well for me.
Here's a website that some here recommended to me.

The same algorithm from a different angle makes a world of difference. I never could get with one of the most popular sunes, but backwards worked really well for me.

Fingertricks also can be the differnce between an ok alg and a great one.

You need one that us so comfortable your fingers feel natural doing it.

There are plenty to choose from.

xyzzy

Is it possible to average under 20 seconds without good fingertricks for PLLs?
Yes, but refusing to learn the good fingertricks is just making it harder for yourself.

(You can get to like 10 seconds even with lots of bad habits, provided that you have sufficiently good lookahead and moderately high turning speed.)

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Another silly question: which Ja perm is better
lefty ver L' U' L F L' U' L U L F' L2 U L
or the weird execute on bottom y2 x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 x' (which is really fingertricked as l' R' F R F' R U2 r' U L F2)
I think the weird one is less reliable for me but maybe I'm just not good at those fingertricks

Skittleskp

WCA
2019PATE10
YouTube
Visit Channel
or the weird execute on bottom y2 x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 x' (which is really fingertricked as l' R' F R F' R U2 r' U L F2)
I think the weird one is less reliable for me but maybe I'm just not good at those fingertricks
I've tried both and I like the y2 x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 x' better but you should time them with a stackmat multiple times and pick the faster consistent one that you don't lock up on

Reactions: qwr

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually don’t use either. I use the M’ (sledge)... one, shown in this video:

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually don’t use either. I use the M’ (sledge)... one, shown in this video:

interesting but the M' move is weird for flow maybe

I've tried both and I like the y2 x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 x' better but you should time them with a stackmat multiple times and pick the faster consistent one that you don't lock up on
I'm not consistent at either

pyrapyravince

My 3x3 gan air cube gets really dirty. I clean iit with warm soapy water and a brush, and then i dry it with a towel. I do some solves, an hour later, white dust on the pieces and black stains on the corner white plastic. And white stains on the center pieces. How can i keep it clean?