• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
You created three different threads for roughly the same question, in future cases like this just make one thread. I don't know about furniture polish as lube, but I would say just keep your cube dry, it won't damage it and it won't damage your times very much.
Sorry there mate, I'm new to forums and it's my first time using, I though I didn't post the first one... sorry!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It won't damage your cube, your cube just won't feel good for a while. If you are really worried, watch Cubey Time and his will it lube series and find a lube.
Hi, I watched one of his videos where he lubed it with lotion, the lotion lasted and it was "smooth" as he said. Should I try it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

supercube

YouTube
Visit Channel
sometimes if you put too much lube or the wrong kind of lube you can ruin a cube that way. if you have dirt in a dry cube it will get worse over time. keep it clean but don't worry too much about it.

Mischiiii

Well if the cube is 100% dry there will be some kind of friction between the plastics. But i don’t think this will ruin your cube anytime soon.
Isn’t it possible to order some lube from speedcubeshop or Cubicle or even from amazon?
In Germany we can still order everything as usual.
Stay safe :)

Skittleskp

WCA
2019PATE10
YouTube
Visit Channel
When I get a new puzzle I intentionally use it with the lube wiped out for a few weeks to let the plastic wear down. I'm not even sure if this helps but it leaves grooves where the plastic slides to maybe help with cornercutting? This method has never broke the cube down by a substantial amount.

EvanTheCuber

Hi Guys, I am looking for a good lube to buy. I am thinking of buying SpeedCubeShop weight 5 lube because J Perm recommended it but I don't know if it is the best lube for my type of turning style. I like to have very easy to turn cubes, without any effort in turning, like no gummy feeling. But I don't want the lube to make my cube out of control. So can you guys recommend some lube to me? Another question is how to lube my 3x3 and 2x2. Do I take the cube apart, and then lube each piece separately, or do I keep the cube as a whole and put lube in it? Thanks

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Guys, I am looking for a good lube to buy. I am thinking of buying SpeedCubeShop weight 5 lube because J Perm recommended it but I don't know if it is the best lube for my type of turning style. I like to have very easy to turn cubes, without any effort in turning, like no gummy feeling. But I don't want the lube to make my cube out of control. So can you guys recommend some lube to me? Another question is how to lube my 3x3 and 2x2. Do I take the cube apart, and then lube each piece separately, or do I keep the cube as a whole and put lube in it? Thanks
If you are using SCS I recommend Lunar or Martian. Weight 5 is way to slow and gummy for me. And to lube a 3x3, just pull the pieces apart so there is a gap, and put the lube in there. For a 2x2, you may want to remove a piece or two.

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know if you are like some people and refuse to buy from any other cubing store but I like traxxas 10k and cubicle labs silk, it makes cubes controllable but still easy to turn, it also makes them have an enjoyable crispy feeling as long as you don't over lube it.

EvanTheCuber

Another Question, Does weight 1 lube make the cube faster than weight 6 lube or is it the other way around?