• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

StickerPeeler

Hello- I just got some Losi Racing Weight 40 at my local hobby shop, (at the recommendation of my brother, who used it and his cubes are awesome now) and I lubed the internal core pieces, and the pieces themselves. It is now slow and sluggish. Is there something I did wrong?

Aaron Lau

Hey does anyone have a tutorial or can anyone give me a rough idea on how to lube a 5x5 that does not use maru but regular silicone lube? Would be much appreciated.

Harry12

So I have just used very expensive lube that is not just for cubing, the lube is just standard but good and expensive lubricant. The thing is, it made it slower even when I broke it in, any suggestions? Do I need to buy lube specific for cubing?

Abo

It depends on the lubricant that you used, if it was something like Vaseline, then you will want to purchase something better, but if it were something like trexxas, which is also used in rc car springs or something like that, then that works great for cubes, but the viscosity determines a lot about it.

Teoidus

What I like to do is lube it on really tight tensions and break the lube in that way, then restore normal tensions--usually makes things a lot less gummy.

Whitebeard250

After not having a proper lubricant for a long time I decided lubed my GuanLong with olive oil...
Used ~2 drops.
It seems to have somewhat worked well as the cube is much faster, but is it actually ok to lube my cube with olive oil?

Millsii

Just curious,

Is Kyosho 50,000 the same viscosity as Traxxas 50k or are the companies measuring system different? Or if Kyosho 50,000 is not the same what Kyosho silicone oil is the same as Traxxas 50k?

-I'm asking this as Kyosho oil where I live is significantly cheaper.

Honker

I'm not entirely sure but I think the weights are essentially the same from one company to the next. I know that Differential oil is thicker than Shock oil. For example I went to my local hobby shop (they didn't have the traxxas or team associated brands) and I picked up some 10K differential oil and 50wt shock oil and the 10K diff is thicker than the 50wt shock oil. My differential oil is Factory Team brand and my shock oil is Dynamite brand and they work VERY well on my cube. I know it is recommended to get heavier weights such as the 50K traxxas and mix if desired with 30K and then anywhere from 10-30K for the pieces when using differential oil and the numbers are a bit different for shock oil but this was all the local shop had so I grabbed what was closest to what I needed and am very pleased..

geo2016

I don't want to take my cube apart (4x4x4 and larger V-cubes). Should I use silicone spray or oil? How much lubricant? I removed a wing edge from my 5x5x5 and sprayed silicone spray. Then, after working the cube, the stickers started to come off at the edges. So I removed the stickers. What next?

Ryan Lee

I've cleaned it, tensioned it to looser tensions, and put in a little weight 3 speedlube from speedcubeshop. It still doesn't turn well. Anyone have an idea why?

Abo

I've cleaned it, tensioned it to looser tensions, and put in a little weight 3 speedlube from speedcubeshop. It still doesn't turn well. Anyone have an idea why?

By "doesn't turn well" do you mean too slow or what? The title says too gummy but please provide a little more info on what's wrong so we can help more

Troy D.B

So my Tanglong is having a major problem when I'm lubing it with maru lube. Before I lube it, it was fast (because i modded the corners) and then I put a few drops of maru lube in and surprising, it slowed the cube down alot and made it super sluggish. I took the cube apart, clean it again and then I put 1 or 2 drops of maru lube in but it still slowed the cube down alot, made it had a bumpy feeling
(very bumpy), I have tried tons of way but it doesn't work. Anyone have a solution to this problem ?

felweb

Hey guys!

I got this lube together with my Moyu Tanglong, but i dont know what kind of Lube this is. From what is does to the cube i would say it is some kind of Maru Lube. It is a milky white fluid.

Here are some pictures: http://imgur.com/a/Bjk9S
Bjk9S