• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

dskids

WCA
2017SKID01
I'm not an expert on lubing but here's what I did: Lubed the core with Wt 5 / 50k, used a fair amount to make sure no spring noise. Then wiped all the pieces off and assembled the cube most of the way. Then added just a little Wt 2 to the flanges/torpedoes on a couple of the pieces. AoLong V2 mech has a million contact points. My opinion is light weight lube on the pieces and small amount only, anything more and it will be gummy and sluggish.

jaredye

Whenever I lube my cube, it wears off after a week or two, and it's getting annoying. I am using traxxas 50k on an aolong v2. Does this happen to anyone else? If not, what could I be doing wrong?

I personally think Aolong V2 likes a lot of lube (which means it turns well with a bit more lube than other cubes). So what I do is to overlube it till it feels kinda gummy but not impossible to turn. Then on the first 2 days I add a bit Maru to speed it up. You can keep doing that for a few more days. After a about a week the Aolong V2 should be perfect and stay perfect for at least a few months.

By the way I only "overlube" the inner part of the pieces, i.e. the flanges/torpedoes as dskids mentioned. It'll be messy if you overlube the side of pieces where they border each other.

samwwise06

Hello when i watch a lube tutorial i only see people putting lube on two pieces is that just an example and i put them on all pieces or just two

wir3sandfir3s

Help With Lube for Gouguan YueXiao

So I just recently got my GouGuan YueXiao, with wt. 1 and wt. 3 lube. My intention was to lube the core with wt. 3 to make it slower, and wt. 1 on the pieces so there is no friction. But I realized that wouldn't work, and that I should have gotten wt 4 and 5 lube... How can I make it very slightly slower using the lube I have?

jaredye

I used wt3 on pieces and that's exactly how I would like it. Also I suggest you over lube it a little until it feel gummy. But trust me after about a week it'll be the best cube ever. Meanwhile if you feel it's too slow just add some Maru.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is lubing the core(where the screws and springs are, NOT in-between the core and the center pieces) just for stopping the springs from scraping and making noise? Does it help with speeding up the cube?

Thanks.
It stops the spring noise, yes, but it can also reduce friction and, thus, making your cube last longer and maybe you can also alter the cube speed a tiny bit, but not much really.

WCA
2013AHMA01
i just bought Calvin's high viscosity lube. i want to know what's the usage of high viscosity lube?!
using too much calving lube make cube sticky and i have a bad feel.
i think it's may be good for cores and springs. and it's perfect for big cubes.
what is you idea about high viscosity lubes?

SuperZecton

So i recently went and bought some lube and i was wondering how to lube my cube as i tried lubing my other cube and i think i overlubed it as it stuck together.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What I'd do, is just keep on solving that cube a bunch. It will feel pretty bad for a while, but once you do a bunch of solves, it will get really good.

For the future, it really depends on what you want and what lube you have.

SuperZecton

but that doesnt answer my question where should i put the lube?On the edges only or spread it around