• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

xyzzy

what weird regrip? I don't have one when I execute.
Weird grip, not regrip; I meant that you have to hold the 1×1×3 block on the bottom-left which makes it hard to execute it quickly. Maybe I'm just bad at executing it that way though!

The actual alg I use for this ZBLL/2GLL case is R U' R' L' U2 L U L' U L R U2 R'.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
That alg is definitely slower than triple sune. Also, you can predict EPLL with only a little bit more effort (H perm away). If you really want to use a pure twist alg, use the one I posted above.

xyzzy

If you really want to use a pure twist alg, use the one I posted above.
You say that like the RUL alg isn't at least a reasonable alternative to the (significantly longer in QTM) RU alg. (But yes, fortissim2, please try alternative algs as well, and triple Sune/Antisune is definitely faster.)

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's not just how long the alg is, but ergonomics are a factor too. I can do triple sune faster than the RUL one because RUL switching isn't great when there's a better option.

xyzzy

It's not just how long the alg is, but ergonomics are a factor too. I can do triple sune faster than the RUL one because RUL switching isn't great when there's a better option.
Yes, I know, and I'm saying that I can execute the RUL one just very slightly faster than the RU one (for pure twist! I'm not comparing to triple Sune!) on average.

xyzzy

I used to use the R U2 R' U2 alg, but switched to the RUL one (over a year ago? don't remember) after drilling them hundreds of times, so yeah, I've done that already.

BlastKracken7

YouTube
Visit Channel
does a square-1 method exist where you solve it like roux?

edit: nvm find it
although it sems a bit different than I would imagine... I thought cube shape would be reached when solving the top layer corners. not at the beginning

Last edited by a moderator:

S_V

So I want to learn the same method and algs that Feliks uses to solve the cube because he is the most consistent speedsolver out there (even if he doesn't hold the single world record anymore (for now)). There is an answer to this question in Quora that mentions some of the methods but it seems incomplete. Also, I want to know exactly which algorithms Feliks does (for example this page has 3 different versions of the ZBLL algorithms). If anyone knows about this one can we make a list here?

Skittleskp

WCA
2019PATE10
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I want to learn the same method and algs that Feliks uses to solve the cube because he is the most consistent speedsolver out there (even if he doesn't hold the single world record anymore (for now)). There is an answer to this question in Quora that mentions some of the methods but it seems incomplete. Also, I want to know exactly which algorithms Feliks does (for example this page has 3 different versions of the ZBLL algorithms). If anyone knows about this one can we make a list here?
You seem like a cuber with a set goal and a determined mindset. However, your quest to use the best methods and algs is a little concerning because speedcubing is something that relies a lot on personal taste. If you've been to a comp, you know what I mean. Lots of mains, setups, different taste in events...
That being said...
is Felix's official site with his algs and tutorials.

S_V

You seem like a cuber with a set goal and a determined mindset. However, your quest to use the best methods and algs is a little concerning because speedcubing is something that relies a lot on personal taste. If you've been to a comp, you know what I mean. Lots of mains, setups, different taste in events...
That being said...
is Felix's official site with his algs and tutorials.
Thank you very much for the answer and advice! I haven't been to comps so I don't know much about that. Taking your advice in mind I'll try Feliks's algs to see if they are to my taste :D