• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

antech101

WCA
2016BAKE01
Anti-Sune Twice?

(This is for CFOP)

During OLL has anyone ever had to do an Anti-Sune twice? For some reason whenever i do the alg on something that looks quite a lot like the alg, it just makes an actual anti-sune making it 3 look oll...

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
(This is for CFOP)

During OLL has anyone ever had to do an Anti-Sune twice? For some reason whenever i do the alg on something that looks quite a lot like the alg, it just makes an actual anti-sune making it 3 look oll...

You're getting a Sune case. To solve this, hold the oriented corner in UFL and do sune (R U R' U R U2 R'). They look similar because they both only have one oriented corner, but are different cases.

Last edited:

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not getting a sune (Im sure of it) its both not a sune nore anti-sune, its weird...

With one corner oriented and the other 3 not oriented it can only be either a sune or an antisune so your must have seen it wrong or executed the alg in the wrong orientation of the last layer or something like that.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Algs for Corner 2-swaps (only corners) on 4x4+?

So PLL parity but edges and 2 corners are solved like t-perm U PLL parity

Thanks

SSE

I use:

Opposite: F R U' R' U' R U R' F' y [PLL parity] y' R U R' U' R' F R F'. Just a Y perm with PLL parity done in the middle.
Adjacent: R U R' F' y [PLL parity] y' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R'. J perm with PLL parity done near the start.

With both of these algs you can swap the y and y' or even use AUFs instead.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just do PLL parity for the edge in between the corners, if adjacent, and then T-perm or RUR'U' PLL parity URU'R' and then Y-perm, if opposite, because I hate N-perms in big cubes :) Which I'm sure is not optimal by far. I will try what TDM suggested for opposite as it saves me the adjacent PLL parity setup/undo, which would be nice. For the other I don't really see that it's better than just doing what I do now.

Sam N

sq1optim gives this six twist solution: 6,0/3,0/-3,0/-4,-1/-2,1/-3,0/ [6|14] vs. the setups 7.

I'm wondering if he is referring to the OBL case, and not the optimal case to solve the puzzle. If not, then I guess this is a side note for the OBL case lol.

setup: (1,0)/(3,0)/(3,0)/(-1,-1)/(-2,1)/(-3,0)/(3,0)/

Here is a nice solution for the OBL case. I'm not sure if it's optimal, but it's the best I could come up on my own. I haven't had much time to learn OBL cases, I just know the super nice ones.

NOTE: The setup algorithm has the top layer misaligned by (1,0), so I am keeping it that way. When you use this algorithm, make sure the top is misaligned by (1.0) before you do it.

(-4,-1) / (4,1) / (-3,0) / (2,-1) /

BTW, if you want to look at the full spreadsheet for all the OBL case, here is a nice one that I believe was developed by Micheal Young.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~skuroyam/obl_data_numstates_1110.pdf

Last edited: