• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I like any new idea the the creativity to create a whole new way of solving. It does not matter if the method is way worse than other methods, it is still interesting. You all are just shattering creativity.
Why does the Wiki say that it’s meant for speedsolving, then? You can’t speedsolve with this method.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m pretty sure any PLL isn’t 5 moves long, and you still didn’t address that comms take forever, especially big cube center comms.
yeah maybe but i can find better algs/commutators later

I like any new idea and the creativity to create a whole new way of solving. It does not matter if the method is way worse than other methods, it is still interesting. You all are just shattering creativity.
Yay thanks

Why does the Wiki say that it’s meant for speedsolving, then? You can’t speedsolve with this method.
If I can break 3 minutes twice per day with this method, I consider that speedsolving.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you think it has potential because it genuinely could or because you made it? It's very similar to all the Roux big cube methods, and all of them aren't great for speedsolving (apart from Meyer) and none of them are good, not because the creators did a bad job, but because Redux/Yau are better. I do think direct solving has potential (see: K4, my direct solving method from late September), but even though one of those methods is mine, I'm pretty sure Yau is still better. The reason they're bad is because either cage is bad (which is what your method falls under) or M slice block building is bad, or there's no good way to do edge pairing for LSE. There might be, and that's where the search should be IMO, so I'd encourage you to search there, but with F2B->CMLL instead of corners->finish blocks.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you think it has potential because it genuinely could or because you made it? It's very similar to all the Roux big cube methods, and all of them aren't great for speedsolving (apart from Meyer) and none of them are good, not because the creators did a bad job, but because Redux/Yau are better. I do think direct solving has potential (see: K4, my direct solving method from late September), but even though one of those methods is mine, I'm pretty sure Yau is still better. The reason they're bad is because either cage is bad (which is what your method falls under) or M slice block building is bad, or there's no good way to do edge pairing for LSE. There might be, and that's where the search should be IMO, so I'd encourage you to search there, but with F2B->CMLL instead of corners->finish blocks.
I think it genuinely has potential. Yes this is similar to Roux big cube methods and has alot of slice moves. You can get the first step done in under 3 seconds consistently if high order cubers like Feliks and Max tries this (They wont try it lol). You can find efficient ways to solve it this method. My PB is 2:34.49 and I average sub-20 on 3x3.

Athefre

I found l2l4 algs in the waybackmachine if anyone is interested

cubertscubicle

These links are already on the wiki. It's good to see that there's still some interest in this series of methods. But this reminds me. I should update the L5EP wiki page to have Duncan Dicks as the proposer of the four on LL + one on middle layer L5EP and me as the four on LL + one on bottom layer L5EP.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
These links are already on the wiki. It's good to see that there's still some interest in this series of methods. But this reminds me. I should update the L5EP wiki page to have Duncan Dicks as the proposer of the four on LL + one on middle layer L5EP and me as the four on LL + one on bottom layer L5EP.
if you'll update the wiki please update the links because the link to stachu site is broken, that's how I got the wayback machine link

Athefre

if you'll update the wiki please update the links because the link to stachu site is broken, that's how I got the wayback machine link

Oh yeah. I'll add the archive.org version. Thanks for pointing that out. There are so many broken links on the wiki because people left the community and their sites were deleted.

Athefre

L2L methods are so interesting, but there's no good way to do it easily or well from what I've looked at so far.

Very interesting for sure. I think it was the first method that contained the concept of finishing as much of the puzzle as possible using only algorithms. Duncan even talks a little about this on his site. This concept has gained some popularity recently, so it may be worth revisiting again. Years ago Stachu and Kirjava put a lot of effort into making it a competitive method. Their work didn't manage to catch on. However, with some modern techniques, maybe the perfect set of steps can be found.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's basically solve 1x3x3, then line subset of 1lll
Oh the P shape OLLs. Yeah that makes sense now. From my experience going through Tripod, it’s 100% not worth it for speed. The extra step of building something on the LL is so much slower. I think the alg sets have potential for CFOP though since recognition is easy.

Athefre

Oh the P shape OLLs. Yeah that makes sense now. From my experience going through Tripod, it’s 100% not worth it for speed. The extra step of building something on the LL is so much slower. I think the alg sets have potential for CFOP though since recognition is easy.

If this is the same method that Platform_ posted a month or two ago, it is an LL method. The 1x1x3 isn't intuitively built. Instead, it is a two step LL method. So it shouldn't be much different from OLL+PLL for speedsolving.

I might add your LL method to the wiki when I find time. It's just a matter of figuring out how to handle it. There are already two pages on the wiki with ways to achieve the 1x1x3 on LL state. So we should decide the best name to call this. The common name is Line LL. Your method name is Platform.

Rookieboy

Here's the overview of the subset I came up with yesterday:
This is a last slot subset that I'm proposing for Roux. This is based on the Pinky Pie variant that Alex Lau termed as the future of Roux. And honestly, I agree. Even without Pinky Pie, Roux rivals CFOP in every way in speedsolving but to really unlock even more of its potential, Roux needs to rejuvenate itself with even more great subsets and algorithms that can further shorten solutions without hurting lookahead. This subset, which I call the SLS (Sharma Last Slot/Sexy Last Slot) is my attempt to do that. This won't be that much of use to beginner solvers but for advanced solvers who are willing to learn OLLCP, using this subset can easily break many records as it leads to 2-8 move LSE solutions very consistently, helping Roux finally surpass CFOP in the near future.

Here's an overview of Pinky Pie + SLS :
1. First Block
2. Second Block minus FR pair
3. SLS (Place and orient LR edges on the D layer while inserting the last pair with an alg)
4. OLLCP
5. LSE 4c

As you can see, this will always give you a 4a and 4b skip.

The number of algs for the R U' R' insert is 60.
There are 60 more algs for the R U R' insert but I haven't generated them yet. If anyone wants to generate them, they can do so and name them as they wish.

The R U' R' algs can be found in this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NDMwBZESHmc9Y2sBmd7y9go45YbN3hQx-6z0D00mIyE/edit?usp=sharing

Any constructive feedback is appreciated :)

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
If this is the same method that Platform_ posted a month or two ago, it is an LL method. The 1x1x3 isn't intuitively built. Instead, it is a two step LL method. So it shouldn't be much different from OLL+PLL for speedsolving.
Ah okay cool. I don’t think I saw/read the post so that’s cool to hear.

Platform_

WCA
2014MUNA01
I might add your LL method to the wiki when I find time. It's just a matter of figuring out how to handle it. There are already two pages on the wiki with ways to achieve the 1x1x3 on LL state. So we should decide the best name to call this. The common name is Line LL. Your method name is Platform.
ok you can add better call platform.

My guide I invented this method. I'm Riccardo Munaro.

My guide I invented this method. I'm Riccardo Munaro.
some errors in the guide.

Attachments

• PLATFORM.pdf
    388.7 KB · Views: 5