• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

kevasian

I have a gan air on yellow ges nuts and i fixed the tensions so that all are the same but when i turn the blue side seems to be alot slower than all the other sides. When i loosened it the cube loosened but the turning was still slower than all the other tighter sides and i dont know what is going on can someone help thanks

Duncan Bannon

Is it slow when solved or even when scrambled. If its the latter, it might be because that core was lubed with more of a thinker lube than the rest. Probably not the case. But it might be the case.

Trexrush1

WCA
2013MAZU02
I got a Wuque Mini, and as soon as I could I spring compressed it, added silk and DNM, and it was great. However, I've noticed that the outer layers were too slow for my liking (even with the spring compression) and they eat up dnm like no ones business, so I decided to disassemble the puzzle, wipe out the stock lube, compress the springs a tad bit more, assemble it, and re-lube it with silk.

However, I cannot for the life of me get even tensions properly. I do a 360 degree screw turn on each side, and try to pry apart the layers afterward to make sure it is the same. But I do it on four sides and the last 2 become very tight. Long story short, I cant tell which sides are right and which sides are too loose because the cube is trying to pull pranks on me or something and its driving me nuts.

Is there anything I did that drove my cube to insanity? For reference, The springs went from 13.5-14mm to 12.5-13mm to 12-12.5mm. I need help because I love 4x4 and I love this cube but Im genuinely scared that it might not be the compression and that I messed up the screws or something

EDIT - I probably overcompressed the springs. When I checked them yesterday they were all 11.5-12mm, so I extended them all to exactly 13mm and now outers are too slow but the tensions arent wonky anymore. Today or tomorrow I will put them at 12.5 and i think thats the sweet spot for the mini wuque.

Last edited:

kemuat

WCA
2017ALQU01
I got the AoChuang GTS recently and tried to tension it without success. The center cap won't come off no matter what I try to remove or how I try to remove it. All help will be appreciated.

Momoske

Same problem here! I can see the center piece is in 2 different pieces but i can't get either one of them to come out. Really sad because the cube came OOTB insanely great for me, but the blue side is just making a bad springy noise...

Momoske

Woops, nevermind! I posted an answer too early lol. I checked MoYu's website, and they show the piece you need to remove in order to see the screw. Just really carefully but with a good amount of force, try to take off the little piece with your thumb and index, then you should get this :

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946.1 KB · Views: 38

Momoske

Oh no! Should I take it apart? I hoped it's enough to remove 3-4 pieces...
I have email notifications on so you're lucky, you won't have to wait a day for an answer :p i personnally only remove 2 middle center pieces and 1 corner center piece, and just force hard under the center cap where the screw is, with your hand or the screwdriver if it's easier for you. You can also not put the cap directly before reassembling, because the cube works fine without them so if you remove them all you can test your tensions before putting the caps back on each center. Linked a pic as well for you to visualize, i would have preferred a video but i tried 3 times and it keeps saying it can't process the video :) good luck!image.jpg

Momoske

Oh never mind! I found this video. :) It seems extra easy... Hm... :D I'm gonna try now... :)
Oh nice! I actually didn't know MoYu made a video about this. But yeah overall this cube to me is the best on in terms of performance, but the tensionning really is a pain. I'm sure the GTS2M will fix it, but we can all wait for it for quite some time from now :/ glad you found!

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I am not sure where to ask this question (hence it being here): But what are the differences in the springs for the Gan 354 M? I just got one and liking it a bunch (although still getting used to it) and I was curious what the spring difference is and how much it makes a difference.

Also, I think someone has asked this question before but I could not find where. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ayden

I probably sound really dumb right now, but I can NOT find anything that says how much to tension a 5x5. I really wanna know, because I am kinda new to cubing. I want a “chart” in a way, that shows how many screwdriver rotations for super loose, loose, medium, tight, super tight. I don’t know if this helps, or not, but I have an MF5. By the way, when I say, “screwdriver rotations, I mean this: a full 360 degree turn of the handle.

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
So all cubes come with different tensions so I don't know about the screwdriver thing. But I think you can do it by how far you can pull the corners. When you flex thecube you should be able to see the corner stalk and maybe the top of the foot

Ayden

So all cubes come with different tensions so I don't know about the screwdriver thing. But I think you can do it by how far you can pull the corners. When you flex thecube you should be able to see the corner stalk and maybe the top of the foot
I don’t really know what you mean by “corner stalk” and “top of the foot”

WCA
2023FUKU01
My thunderclap 4x4 M is very slow for both inner and outer layers. I have lubed it already, but I have used slightly stronger magnets in the inner layer, making it even slower than ootb. Does spring compression help?

MTT

My thunderclap 4x4 M is very slow for both inner and outer layers. I have lubed it already, but I have used slightly stronger magnets in the inner layer, making it even slower than ootb. Does spring compression help?
It should help, yes. My mini Wuque was extremely sluggish ootb and nothing I did with lube or tensions helped. I then did the spring compression which made the cube clickier and faster whilst still being stable.

Iwannaganx

So I got my first 4x4 earlier today, a qiyi qi something. It's really tight, but when I loosened it it feels like it's about to pop. Any suggestions for setup/lubing/tensions?
I like my cubes fast, and loose. U2 in one flick loose/fast. Please help!

WCA
2023FUKU01
So I got my first 4x4 earlier today, a qiyi qi something. It's really tight, but when I loosened it it feels like it's about to pop. Any suggestions for setup/lubing/tensions?
I like my cubes fast, and loose. U2 in one flick loose/fast. Please help!
I have got the same issue as you. It is very sluggish, and after loosening the tensions, it just pop in every solve.

Iwannaganx

I have got the same issue as you. It is very sluggish, and after loosening the tensions, it just pop in every solve.
And very bumpy and loud... :(
Edit: after a few hours of continuous but fairly chill use, only about 7-8 actually solves, mostly just mucking around, the lube that I put on has ALREADY worn off. Terrible.

Last edited: