• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Alucard

It didn't help. There's still an annoying spring sound and the cube overall just doesn't feel the same way it got out of the box. Some of the GES are loose when twisting. Feels like i broke a $25 cube in 2 days. :/

Duncan Bannon

The spring noise can be solved with lube, but as for the other problem, I don’t own a Gans cube, so I wouldn’t know.

Thom S.

Hey, so 2 days ago i bought a Gan 356 Air Master and after checking out the other springs, I've decided I'll stay with the clear ones. The thing is they got really clicky and loud and they aren't smooth anymore after putting them on the second time, you can also hear a spring sound when twisting any side of the cube. Could anyone please help me and tell me what I can do? Is my cube breaking?

Screw them in really gently in a extremely loose tension and check if the click is still there and then slowly get to the tension you want.
It's very unlikely you broke your core but have caution when putting in the nut so it's not tilted

Ethan R

So, whatever I do to my Shengshou Fangyuan, I can't loosen it. My normal screwdriver is not working, and it's started scratching the edges of the screw. They already seem pretty loose to. Has anyone else had this issue? And if so how did you fix it?

UnknownCuber

Help with wuque 4x4 m?
I have it at a controllable speed, and it still pops. The pops are quite ridiculous as an edge (the internal one and outer two pieces) and a internal center piece pops at the same time. The springs are also compressed. I have the screws set at the edge of the center stalks.
For lubing I use gan standard lube in place of Traxxas 50k or wt 5 and Mary to speed it up a little. Gan lube is quite thick (I think thicker than wt5) so it might be making the tensions seem tighter than usual.
P.s: sorry if the information isn't organized

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You might need to tighten it more. I can't remember how tight mine is. I had to tighten it up because I was getting pops as well. On one, I was doing an R and a center piece popped, taking with it an internal piece.

Carnifexx

Ive got a problem regarding the tensions on my fairly new stock Wuque. I kinda messed up the tensions and i cant find a way to make them even again. Disassembling is what I did before to try to make them as even as possible but that didnt help that much.

How can I tell what face has to be adjusted?

EDIT: I just removed the center pieces and flattened the screws with the surface of the internal center piece. At the same time I applied the spring mod where you compress the springs down to 1,3 cm.

**** gets real now. This thing is amazing now. Now i know why everyone and their mother loves the Wuque. But its a bit unstable now, I have to tighten it just a tiny bit and it should be perfect!

Last edited:

lilKriT

4x4 Tensioning for dummies?

Hello,
you may call me stupid but for me, this seems impossible. With the 3x3 cubes I kinda get it right. I'm not a pro but I'm happy with how my cubes turn out usually. But with the 4x4 no matter what I do, something is off.

I know the usual advice - tension every spring the same and then turn them all the same amout - but when I assemble my cubes, I have to loosen them up to put the parts in, then I tighten them. So that is pretty much impossible for me.

So what happens for me is this. For example I hold the cube, white side towards me and blue upwards. I try to do a corner cut, I adjust it a bit, then I turn the cube around, now white is in front and red is upwards. I try a corner cut, I adjust the tension... Rinse and repeat. But then I turn the cube around, blue towards me, and I check corner cutting on white side - it's too loose or too tight. Seems like whatever I adjust, every other side gets messed up.

Am I that stupid? Am I doing something wrong? In this example, white in front, blue on top - I try to corner cut. It's too tight. I loosen the screw on TOP (blue side), is that the correct way?

Also. Sometimes I do the corner cut test and it's perfect - obviously, no adjustment needed. When it's not even working, obviously, loosen it up. But sometimes it seems like when I corner cut, the pieces in front of me seems to spread. I've heard this means I should tighten it up, is that true?

Someone please make an easy way to do it. My 4x4s are driving me crazy. Btw, I use Wuque (self magnetized) and Aosu GTS2 M (factory magnetized).

Thank you in advance, save my sanity.

Thom S.

While assembling you make sure the tensions are completely even and since you have even tensions, instead of checking every side individually, you check once, adjust all the tensions by the same amount and test again.

lilKriT

While assembling you make sure the tensions are completely even and since you have even tensions, instead of checking every side individually, you check once, adjust all the tensions by the same amount and test again.

I know the usual advice - tension every spring the same and then turn them all the same amout - but when I assemble my cubes, I have to loosen them up to put the parts in, then I tighten them. So that is pretty much impossible for me.

Thom S.

You say that you adjust one side, rotate the cube and than adjust another one.
I say that you should adjust every side only then try out the results

lilKriT

I see. But is there a point to doing that if the tensions aren't equal in the first place?

If I REALLY have no other choice, I will try the whole "set them equal and start from there" thing, but I find it almost impossible to assemble the cube this way.

lilKriT

The outer pieces aren't the problem, but what about the wings? Those will just fall apart if the cube is too loose (at least on the top layer)

My only idea to make this somewhat bearable is to start with an assembled cube, tension it so that every screw is equal with the part surrounding it, and then adjust every side the same amount of rotations until the tensions is good. Any opinions on that?

Last edited:

Thom S.

The outer pieces aren't the problem, but what about the wings? Those will just fall apart if the cube is too loose (at least on the top layer)

My only idea to make this somewhat bearable is to start with an assembled cube, tension it so that every screw is equal with the part surrounding it, and then adjust every side the same amount of rotations until the tensions is good. Any opinions on that?

Try it. Only way to find out

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I need help with my Cyclone boys 4x4, the middle layers are very stiff where the first and last layers are nice and smooth. The middles are also very bumpy and rough with turning. When i tentioned it the outer layers were too loose but the middle layers were still a bit stiff. I need help fixing this. Also i dont have lube. PLease help!