• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jazzmaster

Does anyone have try to mod weilong using C4U core + Dayan spring set?
Does it better than before?

Thanks

Last edited:

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's the best video showing how to Florian/Konsta/spring swap on SS 5x5 and 6x6? I'm thinking of getting a dremel tool from the hardware store, but I want to see the process first. Thanks.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
What's the best video showing how to Florian/Konsta/spring swap on SS 5x5 and 6x6? I'm thinking of getting a dremel tool from the hardware store, but I want to see the process first. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/uDYDMgTBLXQ

I know it shows the mod for a 4x4, but the pieces to florian mod are essentially the same, thus the steps can be adapted. There's no need to Konsta mod the cubes you mentioned by the way. And the spring swap is literally taking the springs out and putting your desired choice of spring into the core.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I would really suggest the dremel to do it cause does a faster job then sadpaper alone. Also try looking for a 320 fine foam sanding block I recently modded a SS 5x5 for someone and used the sanding block after the dremel to finish it up and make it more smother.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://youtu.be/uDYDMgTBLXQ

I know it shows the mod for a 4x4, but the pieces to florian mod are essentially the same, thus the steps can be adapted. There's no need to Konsta mod the cubes you mentioned by the way. And the spring swap is literally taking the springs out and putting your desired choice of spring into the core.

Thanks, I guess I was looking for recommendations for the 5x5 and 6x6 spring swap.

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[video=youtube_share;3R2GO4zaQiI]http://youtu.be/3R2GO4zaQiI[/video]

Leaving this here. Not the best video, especially the angle, but I was lazy :p.

Basically, I removed a small amount of material to round off every piece (except the centres) wherever it wasn't very rounded. I figured removing a lot of plastic to leave large holes everywhere would be bad (and more effort). I think I also swapped the spings a while back, either C4U or Dayan. Now it reverse cuts decently everywhere and slice turns for comms are far better than before, and it locks up a lot less. Took a while, but worth it. Especially since there's still no MoYu.

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
Better Moyu Aolong?

I was thinking, jee! My Aolong is good. Anything better? I am talking about switching springs and modding. Please INCLUDE INSTRUCTIONS!

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I currently have the following, ranked in order of preference (speed):
2 Weilongs with custom springs
Sulong with ShengShou LingLong (mini) springs
Zhanchi: 48 PEM (didn't do much), CPM, corner mods, and Fangshi spring swaps

My preferences with modding and springs: essentially all the newer cubes don't really need modding as much as far as I can tell, but the springs are usually a lot stiffer than I think they should be, so I like to swap for softer/shorter springs to improve speed, which also makes them feel looser without sacrificing stability.

My fastest Weilong can do U4's but is so tight I can't take out an edge, that one is a case of where I maybe cut the springs a tad too short since I sacrificed some corner cutting.

QPowerPrime

Im going to dye a Zhanchi yellow then use a saw to cut holes in between the pieces so each piece (except for the RFU and DLB pieces [to create parity {I'm mean}])will be unique. I am hoping it ends up looking like a cubic block of swiss cheese.

Object of the puzzle: Line up the holes so there are no half holes and correct the extra mean parity. You can't use any regular PLL alg. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Going to call it the cheese cube. If anyone has a better name, please reply.

Oh and by the way I made a circle cross cube. Actually surprisingly easy.

1. fill the corner pieces and the extension pieces (with filler: most people don't realise this for some reason)
2. make into circle shape with saw
3. make 3D schematic and sell it on shapeways (I have not done this)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aussiemine

Has this been made before?

Hello, right now I had an idea for a 2x2 cube mod, and I came up with this...

5fda7575e4924231b86474bfbba45e18.png

So I was wondering if this was ever made before? And if so, could I get a link to said product to make sure?