• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
So apparently 2.68 is the YTWB now, but it is the WB, and if not, what is?
World best is currently also 2.68 by Max Park. It's the exact same time but it's 0.00x faster. I'll edit in if I find the exact difference but they're literally the same speed.

Edit: Max's 2.68 is 2.84. Trying to find Ruihangs exact time.

Last edited:

fadsarmy

I keep hearing never rotate twice for any single alg but there are several algs on the cubeskills alg sheet for different slot positions which have two rotations. One such example is y (R' U R) U2' y (R U R'). So is it okay to occassionally rotate twice every now and then?

Last edited:
Reactions: qwr

AlgoCuber

I keep hearing never rotate twice for any single alg but there are several algs on the cubeskills alg sheet for different slot positions which have two rotations. One such example is y' (R' U R) U2' y (R U R'). So is it okay to occassionally rotate twice every now and then?
Just use a better alg
For example, one very simple alg is U R' F R F' U R U R' for that case. I also like to use R U R' U2 R U' R' U R U' R' to preserve EO.
More algs for that case can be found here: https://speedcubedb.com/a/3x3/F2L/F2L_15/0
All F2L cases can be found here: https://speedcubedb.com/a/3x3/F2L/

Last edited:
Reactions: qwr

fadsarmy

Sorry the alg was y (R' U R) U2' y (R U R') which I've corrected. Anyway, It was more of a general question about two rotations. There is at least one case where I have to rotate twice (I wish I could remember the case). So is two rotations an absolute no no in any situation or is it okay every now and then?

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
none of the basic 42 cases (solve into front right slot) ever require that. maybe two rotations is okay if you are solving more than one pair at once but it is never needed for solving one pair

fadsarmy

none of the basic 42 cases (solve into front right slot) ever require that. maybe two rotations is okay if you are solving more than one pair at once but it is never needed for solving one pair
That's what I thought but the cubeskills F2L pdf has a few algs with two rotations so I was a bit surprised considering it was written by Felix. Are you saying it's okay for other than the FR slot?

Last edited:

Plutark

So, I've just finished learning full OLL and I was wondering what would be a better use of my time: planning first pair in inspection, or 2 sided PLL recognition.

cuberswoop

WCA
2022FROU01
So, I've just finished learning full OLL and I was wondering what would be a better use of my time: planning first pair in inspection, or 2 sided PLL recognition.
Well, when you're learning PLL, you should learn how to recognize it from at least 3 sides, but learning to plan the first pair in F2L is also a good skill to have. Personally, I would learn how to inspect to the first pair, as PLL is already really fast. F2L is usually people's worst part of the solve. Even the fastest people take up to 2-5 seconds on F2L, where the cross and last layer usually take around 1-3 seconds each.

fadsarmy

which alg

y (R' U R) U2' y (R U R') is one such alg but there are a few. I know how to solve this case in the BL without rotation so my question is a general question that how can one of the greatest speedcubers suggest two rotataions.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
y (R' U R) U2' y (R U R') is one such alg but there are a few. I know how to solve this case in the BL without rotation so my question is a general question that how can one of the greatest speedcubers suggest two rotataions.
I think f2l is only about algs for special cases such as last slot. In general you have an open slot unless you're on last pair which you should try to do in FR.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are you currently averaging? And how impactful has learning full OLL been on your times so far? I’d want to make sure you’ve MASTERED and not just learned full OLL before you go searching for a new skill set to learn.

I’m not being pretentious. I’ve been guilty of learning too much at once only to become mediocre at all of those things instead of exceptional at any of them in the past.

Plutark

What are you currently averaging? And how impactful has learning full OLL been on your times so far? I’d want to make sure you’ve MASTERED and not just learned full OLL before you go searching for a new skill set to learn.

I’m not being pretentious. I’ve been guilty of learning too much at once only to become mediocre at all of those things instead of exceptional at any of them in the past.
I'm averaging 16, and I'm not sure how impactful it has been because I took a long break from cfop after learning most of oll and just finished it up recently. I would say I know all of the algs well except for 1 or 2 that I have trouble recalling.