• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Another silly question: which Ja perm is better
lefty ver L' U' L F L' U' L U L F' L2 U L
or the weird execute on bottom y2 x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 x' (which is really fingertricked as l' R' F R F' R U2 r' U L F2)
I think the weird one is less reliable for me but maybe I'm just not good at those fingertricks

Skittleskp

WCA
2019PATE10
YouTube
Visit Channel
or the weird execute on bottom y2 x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 x' (which is really fingertricked as l' R' F R F' R U2 r' U L F2)
I think the weird one is less reliable for me but maybe I'm just not good at those fingertricks
I've tried both and I like the y2 x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 x' better but you should time them with a stackmat multiple times and pick the faster consistent one that you don't lock up on

Reactions: qwr

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I actually don’t use either. I use the M’ (sledge)... one, shown in this video:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually don’t use either. I use the M’ (sledge)... one, shown in this video:

interesting but the M' move is weird for flow maybe

I've tried both and I like the y2 x R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U2 x' better but you should time them with a stackmat multiple times and pick the faster consistent one that you don't lock up on

I'm not consistent at either

pyrapyravince

My 3x3 gan air cube gets really dirty. I clean iit with warm soapy water and a brush, and then i dry it with a towel. I do some solves, an hour later, white dust on the pieces and black stains on the corner white plastic. And white stains on the center pieces. How can i keep it clean?

Checkmate22

My 3x3 gan air cube gets really dirty. I clean iit with warm soapy water and a brush, and then i dry it with a towel. I do some solves, an hour later, white dust on the pieces and black stains on the corner white plastic. And white stains on the center pieces. How can i keep it clean?
Maybe lube would help?
(Assuming this problem occurs with a dry cube)

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
the main cause for this is probably in the screw/springs. do you take those apart too?

pyrapyravince

Maybe lube would help?
(Assuming this problem occurs with a dry cube)

ohhh. yeah ill have to wait about 5 months to get my lube i ordered (i live in central america, and we dont have a postal system. So we buy from the united states and when people come here we take advantage). How can i keep it clean?

mayankmehta83

Please look at the pictures attached (all faces) and comment if it's in "unsolvable" state? Bought it last week and have solved it twice, but not able to solve this time, and NO it never fell / broke-off.

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_104312~2.jpg
    IMG_20210404_104312~2.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210404_104304~2.jpg
    IMG_20210404_104304~2.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210404_104256~2.jpg
    IMG_20210404_104256~2.jpg
    404.5 KB · Views: 3

patricKING

So I have this friend that doesn't cube and stuff, and I want to explain what the CFOP method is. I can't find a video about how CFOP works, because everybody assumes that the people that watch the video already know the beginner's method. Do you have a video that I can show him?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I have this friend that doesn't cube and stuff, and I want to explain what the CFOP method is. I can't find a video about how CFOP works, because everybody assumes that the people that watch the video already know the beginner's method. Do you have a video that I can show him?
What do you mean, how it works? Just the steps or the algorithms or such?

patricKING

What do you mean, how it works? Just the steps or the algorithms or such?
I just want to show him how the method works. This dude hasn't solved a cube in his life. What the different steps are, and everything. I don't want to show him how to solve the cube, just show him what is happening.