• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ep2

I struggle with anti-sune, as I use left index to do both of the U' turns. Which should I use? Left index then middle, or right index then left index? Or something else?

teri2769

WCA
2015MCAC01
I struggle with anti-sune, as I use left index to do both of the U' turns. Which should I use? Left index then middle, or right index then left index? Or something else?
overworking fingers is gonna happen with antisune or backsune. leftsune is the only way to avoid it.

for backsune you can regrip to thumb on top, and for anti to thumb on bottom, but both are worse than just using left sune.

I'm A Cuber

Left index them left middle is the way I do it, so you don’t have to overwork any fingers

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For anti-sune, I would either do a thumb on bottom regrip and do the U2 double flick with my right hand. But, because regrip's are usually bad, I'll do the U2 as a double flick with my left hand (index then middle) and then use my right thumb to do the first U' and my left index to do the second U'.

fadsarmy

I just completed full oll/pll, still improving my F2L and down to 40s. I obviously want to improve further. I've noticed these pro cubers hardly rotate when solving. Have they learned every alg from every angle?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I just completed full oll/pll, still improving my F2L and down to 40s. I obviously want to improve further. I've noticed these pro cubers hardly rotate when solving. Have they learned every alg from every angle?

No. They haven't learned many algs at all for F2L. Instead they intuitively figure out a way to solve each case and then mirror it intuitively

fadsarmy

No. They haven't learned many algs at all for F2L. Instead they intuitively figure out a way to solve each case and then mirror it intuitively
Okay thanks but why have cubeskills developed an advanced F2L different slot angle algorithms?

kubesolver

Premium Member
Okay thanks but why have cubeskills developed an advanced F2L different slot angle algorithms?
It's more of a reference "Here is how i do those cases." for you in case you were wondering "the way i solve this pair doesn't feel good. I wonder what Feliks would do."

You can think of it as a test sheet with answers. The goal is to be able to come up naturally with those solutions and the alg sheet is there to verify how good are your solutions.

Feliks himself doesn't recommend to learn them as algs.

Cubing5life

I am learning WV from CubeSkills now and for some cases it‘s just normal insert into OLL, so I want to know if it‘s faster to just do OLL than doing COLL (to see the insert-into-OLL-thingy as an WV “alg“ or see it as an „normal insert“)? Would be interesting to hear the opinion of someone who has made some experience and actually USES WV, but all replys are welcome:)!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I am learning WV from CubeSkills now and for some cases it‘s just normal insert into OLL, so I want to know if it‘s faster to just do OLL than doing COLL (to see the insert-into-OLL-thingy as an WV “alg“ or see it as an „normal insert“)? Would be interesting to hear the opinion of someone who has made some experience and actually USES WV, but all replys are welcome:)!

Some WV cases are great, some COLL cases are great. But there are a lot that are worse than just LS->OLL(or OCLL->PLL for COLL)

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am learning WV from CubeSkills now and for some cases it‘s just normal insert into OLL, so I want to know if it‘s faster to just do OLL than doing COLL (to see the insert-into-OLL-thingy as an WV “alg“ or see it as an „normal insert“)?
First of all, what/how many cases of WV are you learning? I think it depends on what cases you know. (For example: cases where you have two corners oriented or one corner oriented)

whaffle

Does anyone know where I can find L2Lk algs with pictures, or a description of what the alg does? Stachu's site doesn't have pictures or a description, so I have no idea what each alg solves.