• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
What was Lars Petrus' original method for solving the LL? I didn't understand his text tutorial, but it didn't look like CO->PLL, COLL->EPLL, ZBLL, or anything else I'd expect.
Lars in a conversation apparently said it was a random way he chose to do it, so don’t think OLL and PLL is not true Petrus.
It’s CP, CO, EP. He describes CP+CO, EP (COLL), and CP, CO+EP (step 6+7). He also said he was working on a 2 alg combo ZBLL system, where you learn 40 base algs or so, then perform them one after the other to solve the cube, like a slightly longer ZBLL algorithm.

L9cla

I have completed the white layer on the cube but two of the corners are on the opposite side how do I change them please

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I have completed the white layer on the cube but two of the corners are on the opposite side how do I change them please

Use the same method you would use to put a corner in. If you put a random corner into where the messed up white corner is, then the white corner is now not on the white layer and can be repositioned.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
hold one of the corners in DFR and do R L U2 R' L'
Use the same method you would use to put a corner in. If you put a random corner into where the messed up white corner is, then the white corner is now not on the white layer and can be repositioned.
Ah I think I understand. Follow their advice :)

L9cla

Thanks do you have an algorith, head is now mashed can’t remember how I did it

C

Cubinwitdapizza

So I got two pbs, and I’m asking if I should count them. They were both hand scrambles and the main PB was a 9.8 and the Roux PB was a 14.4. Should I count these?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
So I got two pbs, and I’m asking if I should count them. They were both hand scrambles and the main PB was a 9.8 and the Roux PB was a 14.4. Should I count these?

Probably not, although you can do whatever you want. Whenever I do hand scrambles I find that I get certain patterns, which means I can execute it faster than normal.