• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

zipper

WCA
2015ILVE01
I just did ao5 with full OLL/PLL and without. Without PLL/OLL algs I used only T-perm and Ua-perm for PLL and for OLL sune and F(sexy)F'. With algs avg was 20.32 and without 30.98 seconds. Cube: dayan zhanzhi v5 stickerless, 55mm.

F2LCub

I use 2 look OLL and PLL. It's much faster to learn than 1-look for obvious reasons.

You wouldn't need full OLL/PLL until probably sub-20.

Dude Blu

I am now using 2look oll and 2look pll and average is around 35-36 with a pb of 24.67......is it time for me to learn full pll??which is the best order for learning those 21 pll's??

KeannyThe6x6

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am now using 2look oll and 2look pll and average is around 35-36 with a pb of 24.67......is it time for me to learn full pll??which is the best order for learning those 21 pll's??
Learn the H perm, Z perm and the U perms first. Then learn the Y perm. After that, learn the A perms and the E perm. Next, learn the T perm, J perms, F perm, N perms and R perms. Finally, tackle the G perms.

(Note: This is the order Keanny learned all his PLLs in, so it may not work for you.)

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Learn the H perm, Z perm and the U perms first. Then learn the Y perm. After that, learn the A perms and the E perm. Next, learn the T perm, J perms, F perm, N perms and R perms. Finally, tackle the G perms.

(Note: This is the order Keanny learned all his PLLs in, so it may not work for you.)
H, U, and Z are easy. I'd recommend T and J before E, and A before any of those. You missed V, which I learned at the same time and as a variant of F.

The 2-look case with the headlights never works for me when I try it. The alg is R2 [D (R U2) R] [D' (R U2 R']. After I try the alg to the case it always looks scrambled.
maxresdefault.jpg

Ninja Mango

I think you might have written the alg wrong. Here's my alg:
R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R'
Maybe you forgot the prime thing. I dunno. Happy cubing. :)

Last edited:
Here's the video that you probably learned it from:

There, it has the correct alg so I think you just forgot the R's. Easy mistake to make, we've all done it many times.

Last edited:

Duncan Bannon

I actually do the U2's with my left hand, it works better for me.

I know your learning CFOP. Learn R2, D2, U2 etc. with both hands. Or you will be like me and have to break month long habits...... Don't be like me.

EDIT- Ooo and M2. I used to crazy suck at H perm. Now it's one of my fav's.

WCA
2017WENR01
I just invented a CFOP ZB mashup ...
OLL only has 7 cases if you orient the edges (intuitively) while inserting the last slot. Think sledgehammers and algs like F' U F R U' R' can lead to very fast recognition.

tnk351

Learn 2 look oll and pll before full fridrich.
Knowing how f2l works is a great advantage of figuring out algs yourself.
Using algs you figured out yourself is faster than using pre-invented algorithms.
By these training, you will figure out a trick to memorize algs. Soon you can make it to full fridrich.

WCA
2017WENR01
Learn 2 look oll and pll before full fridrich.
Knowing how f2l works is a great advantage of figuring out algs yourself.
Using algs you figured out yourself is faster than using pre-invented algorithms.
By these training, you will figure out a trick to memorize algs. Soon you can make it to full fridrich.
I figured out half my algs including the Sunes (double sune, triple sune) and FRUR'U'F' ( double FRURUF)