• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Hello Fellow cubers on the internet, i came here trying to find an answer about how to get faster last layer.
im trying to get sub 15 but my last layer is letting me down, my last layer takes 8-10 seconds with 2 look oll and ful pll.
can someone please help me resolve this issue.

Duncan Bannon

* I'm not sub 15 *

Your F2L is 5-7 Seconds? Nice!
When doing last slot look into which OLL edge case your going to get. If possible do simple things to get EO. Like sledghamer.
While doing f sexy f' look into the OLL. When doing OLL look into PLL.
Have good OLL/PLL algs, recogniton, speed.

Tanish

WCA
2015AGAR11
How can I improve my PLL execution? Is it only about using good finger tricks? How do people sub 1 their PLLs? I am not even able to sub 2 all of them.

YouTube
Visit Channel
How can I improve my PLL execution? Is it only about using good finger tricks? How do people sub 1 their PLLs? I am not even able to sub 2 all of them.
Make sure you're using good algs and good finger tricks, and drill your algs slowly to make sure that you are executing them in the best way. Then slowly build up your TPS when drilling when you can execute them well.

Learn 2 look oll and pll before full fridrich.
Knowing how f2l works is a great advantage of figuring out algs yourself.
Using algs you figured out yourself is faster than using pre-invented algorithms.
By these training, you will figure out a trick to memorize algs. Soon you can make it to full fridrich.
I started learning with 2 look OLL and PLL
It was really way better than the normal beginners method

RedJack22

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello Fellow cubers on the internet, i came here trying to find an answer about how to get faster last layer.
im trying to get sub 15 but my last layer is letting me down, my last layer takes 8-10 seconds with 2 look oll and ful pll.
can someone please help me resolve this issue.
If your cross/F2L is that fast, you should be learning full PLL and full OLL (especially the former). That will drastically help your speed!

PuzzleGuy

What is this PLL?
I'm new and understanding PLL seems a bit tricky. I've figured out a few in the past by watching videos but for the life of me can't figure out this one. I've not attached an actual picture because I'll have to attach different pictures of different sides and it will be confusing. Instead I've drawn a diagram. The dashed lines are the pieces, and the long lines are the solved first two layer color on each side.
jpixit_img_2018-06-22_03.53.38.jpg

PuzzleGuy

What is this PLL? I'm guessing Z perm, just somehow one corner is flipped. Is that correct. If yes, how do I flip the corner back correctly?

jpixit_img_2018-06-23_01.17.36.jpg

Ian Huang

*I'm new here, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.*

I stumbled upon a PLL case where the edges need to be rotated counter-clockwise once, and two corners need to be switched. I can't find any PLL case that works. Please help

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
*I'm new here, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.*

I stumbled upon a PLL case where the edges need to be rotated counter-clockwise once, and two corners need to be switched. I can't find any PLL case that works. Please help
I am not completely sure on the PLL case from your description, but this link should help you identify it: http://cubewhiz.com/pll.php

If that does not work please let me know and I will try to help more. Also, if you had a picture of the case that would be great.

Thom S.

A Perm

That's an interesting way of recognising it.

Oh okay. Thanks! But isn't AUF before PLL a thing though?

You AUF before the PLL but it isn't necessary to recognise it

Suysf509522

Hello

I am breaking 50 seconds average with a 36 second PB and I found some numbers and my last layer in a whole is a bit slacking, I don't have that high of a TPS since I havent been cubing for that long but my question is if I should drill my 2look OLL and PLL alls or would it better be to drill the alls and learn 1look PLL in the proces. I am asking because you can take 4LLL easily to `sub 30 sec , so should I wait with those alls for when im around that or should I drill them immediately a better earlier then later thing

Thanks in advance