• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Algorithm Memorization Discussion

benthecuber

You mean for help memorizing? Yes, i did. Several times. And i just thought that people that have done things that i needd advice on can help me. It should be flattering that im coming to you guys for help, and, @DNF_Cuber, it's not useless, i need help with getting better.

Seth1448

I memorized Full pll last week and it took me a few weeks. There was never a time when I just couldn’t memorize allgs. What do you mean you can’t memorize anymore algorithms. My only advice is to maybe memorize half of the algorithm and then memorize the other half. I did that for some of the g perms and n perms.

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
You mean for help memorizing? Yes, i did. Several times. And i just thought that people that have done things that i needd advice on can help me. It should be flattering that im coming to you guys for help, and, @DNF_Cuber, it's not useless, i need help with getting better.
Not trying to be rude but if you look up how to memorize plls and none of the stuff you find helps then I'm pretty sure you have unrealistic expectations for learning. You can't expect to look at an alg and memorize it immediately, it takes a lot of repetition to drill it into your mind. There's no magic secret to memorizing algs, it takes a lot of work and dedication to learn larger sets. Also what do you mean "it should be flattering that im coming to you guys for help"? There's a reason there are a bunch of help threads out there. You could honestly get more eyes on your question using those as well since people reply and get notifications for that thread very often. Again, not trying to be mean to you in any way, just trying to help you out a bit. Early on when I joined the forums I posted unnecessary threads all the time (and still probably do lol). And as for the pll, again just trying to help you out, because getting better at cubing does get progressively harder as you go and there's no substitute for straight repitition and drilling algs. Sure it may be boring but it's the best way to get down any algs you're trying to learn.

CFOPboi

try learning f perm, and j perms first. their easy because they just use t perm with set up moves, and you know t perm already as one of the corner swaps from 2 look pll. Next try the G perms. They are usually put off for looking complex, but really, their pretty easy. once you learn Ga and Gb, you can learn c and d pretty easily. this means including pll algs, youl have already learned 13 algs. T,Y,Ua,Ub,H,V,Ja,Jb,F,Ga,Gb,Gc,Gd.

qwr

We should have a megathread for memorizing algs help.

it's a lot easier to remember muscle memory and certain triggers. also nearly all algorithms have a "balance" to them, in that if you made let's say two R moves, they are undone later.