• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wonder when age group records will be incorporated into WCA? I know most of you are 7-15 years old so it's not really a topic of conversation but I think 30-39 and 40-49 should be age groups.

Age information that used to be public has been removed from the WCA website due to privacy concerns. It won't come back unless there's some opt-in system implemented.

Kiwi-Bird

This is sort of off topic to speed solving. I was wondering if there have ever been two solves at a cubing competition which had the exact same time? If anyone knows if this has happened before, I would like to know, even if it was faked.

kubesolver

Premium Member
Yes it has happened.
Given that in the competition only hundreds of a second are recorded it would be almost impossible to run a comp with thousands of solves where it didn't happen.

teboecubes

WCA
2015TEBO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m going to a competition on Saturday that’s only 4.5 hours long. The day is split into two comps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, for COVID safety reasons. Has this been done before? What is the shortest competition in WCA history (not counting the televised 1982 World Championship)

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m going to a competition on Saturday that’s only 4.5 hours long. The day is split into two comps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, for COVID safety reasons. Has this been done before? What is the shortest competition in WCA history (not counting the televised 1982 World Championship)
Split day competitions are actually quite popular, as they are an idea that was popularized last year after the COVID-19 pandemic. There are probably many others that are a lot shorter, although yours is still pretty short.

Just checked, and there have been:
9 Good Morning/Afternoon competitions
9 AM/PM competitions
19 A/B competitions

So 37 total pairs (74 competitions), counting future ones.

there has been profiles like this in the past

• Sad
Reactions: qwr
oop found somebody else

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wonder if he just didn't show up and they marked it as dnf instead of dns. I believe there are a few competitions on my profile I decided to drop an event but they still recorded it as a dnf instead of a dns

Reactions: qwr

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's from this video!

I wonder if he just didn't show up and they marked it as dnf instead of dns. I believe there are a few competitions on my profile I decided to drop an event but they still recorded it as a dnf instead of a dns
Not a no-show, just some fun :)

EDIT: Should also mention that this would currently be against regulation 2k6, but that regulation didn't exist at the time.

Thom S.

EDIT: Should also mention that this would currently be against regulation 2k6, but that regulation didn't exist at the time.
Are you sure about that?

From what I remember, after 2003 Worlds, Ron talked about a case, where they had someone, who couldn't solve a 3x3 there and he kept rudely but correctly stating that there is no rule stopping him from competing and aparently his solves all lasted between half an hour and a full hour.
Then I remember reading that such a rule was reinstated quickly after(before 2005 Worlds)
Maybe this rule wasn't 2k6 at that time, but I have seen this video in 2016(because I binged ColourfulPockets at that time) and I can destinctly remember being sad because(obvious reasons) of this regulation.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are you sure about that?

From what I remember, after 2003 Worlds, Ron talked about a case, where they had someone, who couldn't solve a 3x3 there and he kept rudely but correctly stating that there is no rule stopping him from competing and aparently his solves all lasted between half an hour and a full hour.
Then I remember reading that such a rule was reinstated quickly after(before 2005 Worlds)
Maybe this rule wasn't 2k6 at that time, but I have seen this video in 2016(because I binged ColourfulPockets at that time) and I can destinctly remember being sad because(obvious reasons) of this regulation.

Oh wow, great point! Regulation 2k6 in particular didn't exist at the time: https://www.worldcubeassociation.org/regulations/history/files/2013-05-21/#article-2-competitors But regulation A1c existed, which says "A competitor participating in an event must be able to fulfill the event's requirements (e.g. know how to solve the puzzle). A competitor competing with expectation of a DNF result may be disqualified from the event, at the discretion of the WCA Delegate." It seems like the delegate was okay with it in this case.

It's interesting how regulation 2k6 is also at the discretion of the delegate; I think delegates are much more strict about it than they used to be.

Are you sure about that?

wasn't it a 4x4 or a 5x5?