• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Odd WCA stats/ Stats request Thread

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure how I'd find this out but what country has the largest number of WCA competitors as a percentage of a country's population?
Getting the total number of competitors from each country on the WCA database export would be trivial, but getting populations for the countries as the WCA defines them would be a chore. For example, this list puts Kosovo's population as part of Serbia, but Kosovo is considered its own country by the WCA. On the other hand, lists like this one put the Isle of Man as a separate country where the WCA recognizes that as part of the UK. Personally, I can't be bothered to do the research and compiling necessary to do this request correctly.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
Getting the total number of competitors from each country on the WCA database export would be trivial, but getting populations for the countries as the WCA defines them would be a chore. For example, this list puts Kosovo's population as part of Serbia, but Kosovo is considered its own country by the WCA. On the other hand, lists like this one put the Isle of Man as a separate country where the WCA recognizes that as part of the UK. Personally, I can't be bothered to do the research and compiling necessary to do this request correctly.
How many countries does the WCA think there are?