• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just solved my 3x3 Ultimate Mixup cube on my own. Even figured out the parity type situation with no help. Solving a new puzzle on my own is always such an awesome high. View attachment 18001
Congrats! Solving a non-wca puzzle without tutorials is my favorite type of solve/accomplishment!

…I got 2 of my best ever solves tonight, a 15.57 and 16.70. I am certain this 22s ao12 is my best average of 2021 as well since I’ve been MIA for 6 months. Can’t wait to keep practicing consistently in 2022 and watch those times drop!

Attachments

• 6DC393F9-C417-4A92-8762-3684AE457ADB.png
    6DC393F9-C417-4A92-8762-3684AE457ADB.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 2

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I am now Sub 21+

TimeLine:
11.0 Years Old: (Sub 80)
11.2 Years Old: (Sub 50)
11.4 Years Old: (Sub 40)
11.7 Years Old: (Sub 24)
11.8 Years Old: (Sub 22)
11.9 Years Old; (Sub 21)

I started on February 8 2021

I am trying to get a constant sub XX (sub 20) avg, i would try to get ao5 20 sec

is my pace good as a cuber who started for one (nearly) year?

T H A N K S

~JJJAY
Good progress.

Keep practising!

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZBLL learning is pretty fun imo. Also, full TUL is worth learning even if you use CFOP so why not?
Exactly. I've known about it for a long time, and I've wanted to start learning, but I've just been to shy to say it. The thing I'm thinking of is a full ZBLL commitment, and I think I might be the only guy to do this.

Edit: I'm sorry.
Being serious now, what method of recog do you use? Also, what was your learning pattern like as far as daily practice/review/ect?

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
Being serious now, what method of recog do you use? Also, what was your learning pattern like as far as daily practice/review/ect?
I just recog the COLL, then look for patterns(which is basically Baum-Harris recog afaik) for T and U and @OreKehStrah's NCP for L
As far as practice routine, it was, let's say all over the place. I learnt it on and off(which is why I took 8 months to do this but the total effort I put in was only about 3 weeks' worth).
I learnt 12 algs per day using train yu(with a virtual cube)
The recall seems to be great. I can remember the algs for months without review.
I still need to review/drill the algs using a real cube though since my executions are pretty bad.