• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I am now Sub 21+

TimeLine:
11.0 Years Old: (Sub 80)
11.2 Years Old: (Sub 50)
11.4 Years Old: (Sub 40)
11.7 Years Old: (Sub 24)
11.8 Years Old: (Sub 22)
11.9 Years Old; (Sub 21)

I started on February 8 2021

I am trying to get a constant sub XX (sub 20) avg, i would try to get ao5 20 sec

is my pace good as a cuber who started for one (nearly) year?

T H A N K S

~JJJAY
Good progress.

Keep practising!

CubableYT

YouTube
Visit Channel
ZBLL learning is pretty fun imo. Also, full TUL is worth learning even if you use CFOP so why not?
Exactly. I've known about it for a long time, and I've wanted to start learning, but I've just been to shy to say it. The thing I'm thinking of is a full ZBLL commitment, and I think I might be the only guy to do this.

Edit: I'm sorry.
Being serious now, what method of recog do you use? Also, what was your learning pattern like as far as daily practice/review/ect?

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
Being serious now, what method of recog do you use? Also, what was your learning pattern like as far as daily practice/review/ect?
I just recog the COLL, then look for patterns(which is basically Baum-Harris recog afaik) for T and U and @OreKehStrah's NCP for L
As far as practice routine, it was, let's say all over the place. I learnt it on and off(which is why I took 8 months to do this but the total effort I put in was only about 3 weeks' worth).
I learnt 12 algs per day using train yu(with a virtual cube)
The recall seems to be great. I can remember the algs for months without review.
I still need to review/drill the algs using a real cube though since my executions are pretty bad.

YouTube
Visit Channel
How exactly does that work? I've heard about it before, but I still don't really know how it works...
You basically input the algs you wanna learn in that white field thingy below, check the use virtual cube option and just hit next scramble and just solve it. Tao Yu has a whole video about it. Train yu lets you do crazy things(like learning 24-36 algs in a day).

Btw I should be thanking Ore for suggesting train yu or else this would have taken forever.

CubableYT

YouTube
Visit Channel
You basically input the algs you wanna learn in that white field thingy below, check the use virtual cube option and just hit next scramble and just solve it. Tao Yu has a whole video about it. Train yu lets you do crazy things(like learning 24-36 algs in a day).

Btw I should be thanking Ore for suggesting train yu or else this would have taken forever.
Ok I'm checking it out now. How does the virtual cube transition to irl 3x3? It seems like that would not work very well...

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok I'm checking it out now. How does the virtual cube transition to irl 3x3? It seems like that would not work very well...
Yeah it usually doesn't. You still need to figure out fingertricks and drill the algs until they go into muscle memory. But the good thing about it is, it cuts your time and effort while learning algs for the first time by almost half. But after all this, I've only got 5-10 good solves with ZBLL until today.

Last edited: