• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pyjam

Premium Member
Many years ago, while using the ZZ method, I did the EO-line, then I got F2L-skip AND OLL-skip ! I got a G-Perm but I didn't know the alg very well and I messed up the cube. DNF! If only it had been a J-perm!
I should have done a J-Perm and U-Perm, but I was a little too surprised and stressed by the situation.
I still can't believe it. It was a hand scrambling, and I was interrupt before I started the solve. Not sure about what I really did.

xyzzy

Sry, but i dont have the scramble cuz it was my bro who scramble but i just keyed in the time and was too lazy to bother keying in the scramble. Sry. So i cant do recon.
You're using csTimer. There's no reason to not use the scrambles at the top of the screen. Clear out your entire session and start anew, and this time, use only those scrambles. If you want to try out scrambles from elsewhere (e.g. your brother, or your other brother, or however many siblings you have), make a separate session to time those.

Last edited:

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
Sorry guys, made a mistake. My bro did a bad scramble so I guess can't count that as my PB. Hope you all can forgive, :(
That’s ok. I would suggest using something like cstimer to generate scrambles.
Also, don’t be discouraged from cubing by the comments from others. They were just a little annoyed that you used a hand-scramble. Have fun and keep cubing!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Sorry guys, made a mistake. My bro did a bad scramble so I guess can't count that as my PB. Hope you all can forgive, :(

It's no problem, I'd recommend using computer-generated scrambles though. Also, don't be afraid to call a lucky solve your PB. As long as it isn't a hand scramble, you can definitely call a lucky solve your best.

YouTube
Visit Channel
7.598 3x3 PB single!
Scramble: R U2 R2 U2 B2 R' B2 L' F2 R' D' U2 R D L2 B2 D2 B' U2(From ChaoTimer)

D’ R’ D(3)
U’ L U L’ d R U’ R’(8/11)
U’ L U’ L’ d’ R U’ R’(8/19)
U’ R’ U R U2 f R f’(8/27)
U2 L U’ L’ U2 L U’ L’(8/35)
F’ r U R’ U’ r’ F R U2(9/44)

Cube was DaYan Tengyun M

rubik2005

7.598 3x3 PB single!
Scramble: R U2 R2 U2 B2 R' B2 L' F2 R' D' U2 R D L2 B2 D2 B' U2(From ChaoTimer)

D’ R’ D(3)
U’ L U L’ d R U’ R’(8/11)
U’ L U’ L’ d’ R U’ R’(8/19)
U’ R’ U R U2 f R f’(8/27)
U2 L U’ L’ U2 L U’ L’(8/35)
F’ r U R’ U’ r’ F R U2(9/44)

Cube was DaYan Tengyun M
My quote says it all

xyzzy

ao50/100/200: 12.753 / 13.042 / 13.326 → 12.471 / 12.752 / 13.124

Thanks to a brand new Valk Elite…
Or really, I just wasn't getting good times on the Valk Elite at all, despite having done like 500+ solves on it on various settings. So on a whim I core-swapped it with my old Valk M (you can't mix corners/edges from the two cubes because they don't perfectly fit, but the centres are similar enough) and it turns out Valk Elite core (green springs) + Valk pieces works pretty interestingly. (The other combination, Valk core + Valk Elite pieces, is very unremarkable.)

It's fast and still barely stable enough to be usable!