• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Rotationless G Perms

Seriously, these must already be on the forum somewhere, a quick search hasn't revealed much except a thread from 2008 which doesn't contain these algs.

Anyhoo, I was poking about on TellerWest's YouTube channel last night, and saw this vid on rotationless G perms. As they're adjusted versions of the 'beginner' algs many will know from Badmephisto and elsewhere, they're super-easy to learn, and I've knocked about a second off my G(d) time already just by cutting out the rotation.

G(b): R' U' R (U D') R2 U R' U R U' R U' R2 (U' D)

G(d): R U R' (U' D) R2 U' R U' R' U R' U R2 (U D')

The other two G's (not shown):

G(a): (U D') R2 U R' U R' U' R U' R2 (U' D) R' U R

G(c): (U' D) R2 U' R U' R U R' U R2 (D' U) R U' R'

Really nice algs, with execution in Teller's inimitable, finger-trick-happy style!

Enjoy!!!

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
These are the ones I use, except for Gb and Gd I move the D/D' from the end to the beginning, so there is no second (UD') double move. Also I don't do U at the start/end of PLLs either, as I AUF last.

They are called the French G perms, I think because they first appeared on Sebastien Felix's site.

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
This is not requested, but I found a new alg for the so called 'awkward' OLL case, and this seems to be the best thread to share it:

visualcube.php

r' D' r U' r' D r2 U' r' U r U r'

(Without double layer turns: L' F' L U' L' F L2 F' L' U L F L')

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
R' U R' U' R D' R' D R' B2 U' B2 U R2 (14 HTM)

is a optimal v-perm that I generated using cube explorer here's a slight more speed opitmal one:

R' U R' U' R D' R' D R' y R2 U' R2 U F2

it's a alright alg. The last R' before the rotation it the worst part. Other than that it pretty good. But fancy finger trick could fix that.

What do you think of it?

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
R' U R' U' R D' R' D R' B2 U' B2 U R2 (14 HTM)

is a optimal v-perm that I generated using cube explorer here's a slight more speed opitmal one:

R' U R' U' R D' R' D R' y R2 U' R2 U F2

it's a alright alg. The last R' before the rotation it the worst part. Other than that it pretty good. But fancy finger trick could fix that.

What do you think of it?

I'm pretty sure I've seen that alg before performed differently