• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've tried, but I just can't get the last three moves to be good at all. Please could you try something posting like this for that alg?
I hope I do this right...

R' F U' R2 U F' R
rf 7C 4R rd. 7Q 4D rf // original(I think) rf 7C 4R rd, 7Q, 7M rf

Personally I do the F' R with one motion of my right thumb (after doing the U with a left-index push).
Sameer's word is probably more useful than mine, but there's an alternative :)
I've experimented with loads of ways to do this (inc. yours): R2' instead of R2, a plethora of different fingertricks for the F', different starting positions, OH pushes etc. I have found that my current version is the best for me.

armoni2020

WCA
2011TILS01
I haven't seen this written anywhere, but I've got a 3x3 PLL sequence that I use for "F" ... can anyone tell me if I'm just using something someone else already uses? I looked on the WIKI here, and I didn't see it. Also, it says that the "Optimal Moves" is 14 ... but this sequence is only 13. I would have added this to the WIKI, but for me there is no "edit" option.

B2 L U L' B2 R D' r U2 M' U2 D R2

Edit:
I've also been told that the M' counts as two since the centers are assumed as fixed. However, I also have an "r" in there which counters this and everything ends up back to where it started. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is important to note that in HTM a slice move actually counts as two turns, since the centers are assumed to be fixed.
Your alg has an M' which counts as 2 moves in htm. The above quote is from the wiki description of half-turn metric.

edit: also your post isn't a new method/substep so this is the wrong thread. I'd recommend the Random discussion one.

armoni2020

WCA
2011TILS01
I thank you for directing me to the right place. Still trying to find my way around :) I further thank you for clearing up the M' = 2 moves. I hadn't thought of that because it is done with a single finger-flick (center turns 1/4 turn)... but I can see your point... it is the same as an R L' combo.

Want to hide this ad and support the community?