• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
My first "tutorial video" for learning these algs in an easily digestible format, because that seems to be all the rage these days :)

Last edited:

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel

AlgoCuber

Here is my PLL compilation that I made. I put some of the popular ones in, as well as some of my own and ones that I could not find online. Although this is not as thorough as some other compilations, I tried to include the best algorithms I know. Some of these can be used for OH and others are easy to learn. All the algorithms also include a link to an animation of the algorithm. Find the algorithms that work best for you! Read the notes in the documents before trying them. Learning finger tricks is recommended for these algorithms. Reply down below if you have any suggestions for algorithms and I will try to add in the best ones. Thanks!

This is a currently unfinished list, I will update it when I have the time. I will turn off viewing when I am editing.

Last edited:
On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
R' U R2 u R' U R' U' R u' R2 F' U F U' R
R' U F' U' F R2 u R' U R U' R u' R2 U' R
R U' R2 u' R U' R U R' u R2 f R' f' U R'
R2 U R' U' D R2 U' R U' R' U R' U R2 U D' R'
z S' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' S z'
F r' D' F r U' r' F' D r2 U r' U' r' F r F2
R2 U' R U D' R2 U R' U R U' R U' R2 D U' R
x U R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2 U' x'
F R2 F2 R U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2 F'
F R U R' F' R U2 R' U2 R' F R U R U2 R' U' F'
F' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' F
x U R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U x'
I was bored with my online class so I was messing with PLLs. I got these ZBLLs and many more. Can you compare these with your current algs @PapaSmurf @GenTheThief ?

(ik that most of them would be useless lol)

When you are conjugating PLLs to make ZBLLs, make sure to place your F2L pairs at spots where there would normally be blocks or bars. DO NOT USE THE E PERM, F PERM OR EPLLs

Last edited:

xyzzy

I was bored with my online class so I was messing with PLLs. I got these ZBLLs and many more. Can you compare these with your current algs @PapaSmurf @GenTheThief ?

(ik that most of them would be useless lol)
>R' U R2 u R' U R' U' R u' R2 F' U F U' R
>R U' R2 u' R U' R U R' u R2 f R' f' U R'
>F R2 F2 R U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2 F'
I use RUD algs for these (R2 D' R U2 R' U' D R' U' R2 U R U R2, which is just the COLL cancelling into a U perm). Haven't bothered to learn the recognition for the inverse cases.

>z S' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' S z'
Standard alg (r U' r U2 R' F R U2 r2 F) is way better.

>F r' D' F r U' r' F' D r2 U r' U' r' F r F2
The F2 at the end seems awful. Unfortunately, afaict all "good" algs for this case are N perm setups, which also means there are no truly good algs. (I use a different N perm setup.)

>x U R' U R' D2 R U' R' D2 R2 U' x'
Standard alg (R' U2 R' D' R U2 R' D R2) is the standard COLL alg for this case already.

>F' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' F
Standard alg (R2 D r' U2 r D' R' U2 R') is way shorter.

>x U R2 F R F' R U2 r' U r U x'
Standard RUL algs are probably better. Interesting, though. (I've been toying with this RUD alg for this case but it doesn't seem that great.)

>F R U R' F' R U2 R' U2 R' F R U R U2 R' U' F'
Standard alg is a J perm setup: R U D' R U R' D R2 U' R U R2 U2 R' = [R U z' : R' U L U' R U2 L' U L U2 L'].