• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Johnlongears

YouTube
Visit Channel
Me and my friends made a spreadsheet with all of the algorithms that you will need to know to solve 2x2 cubes, 3x3 cubes, and 4x4. We haven't made 5x5 yet, but we are bound to eventually. So I thought I would provide you guys with the link.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Me and my friends made a spreadsheet with all of the algorithms that you will need to know to solve 2x2 cubes, 3x3 cubes, and 4x4. We haven't made 5x5 yet, but we are bound to eventually. So I thought I would provide you guys with the link.

Are you fast doing lefty Jb? Seems like it'd be faster to stick to all right hand(or all left), but maybe I'm wrong

Johnlongears

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are you fast doing lefty Jb? Seems like it'd be faster to stick to all right hand(or all left), but maybe I'm wrong
We just put basically every algorithm you could need, but I am not fast at lefty jb, if that answers your question. Lets say that you chose to stick with righty algs, some cases you would have to the lefty version or you would have to do the righty version a certain amount of times with some other moves.

We just put basically every algorithm you could need, but I am not fast at lefty jb, if that answers your question. Lets say that you chose to stick with righty algs, some cases you would have to the lefty version or you would have to do the righty version a certain amount of times with some other moves.
Have to agree, with me being one of the people who made the spreadsheet with john. Although, in the future we will include a righty alternative alg for you :)

Laith

I think doing U' x' R U' R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U' R' D' is faster from that angle. I could only get your alg down to about 1.5 seconds. Although this alg looks cool and is fun to spam.
I just like to spam it and I thought maybe some, just maybe, it could be someone's main.

WCA
2018BRUM01
somebody plug that into jperms alg efficiency calculator thing and tell me what it is. I am genuinely interested. I am pretty sure it would be very hight because you overwork your finger with r moves a lot.

Edit:
I did not mean small r moves, I meant big R moves, but I did the alg with small r moves and it is a potentially very fast Na perm. Somebody figure out how to fingertrick that, and tell me how fast they can get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

brododragon

I did not mean small r moves, I meant big R moves, but I did the alg with small r moves and it is a potentially very fast Na perm. Somebody figure out how to fingertrick that, and tell me how fast they can get it.
Overworking is only for flicks, as they only apply when you have to reset a finger. I'll plug it in tomorrow.

xyzzy

Kevin hays' big cube Eperm is
R2 U2 B (triple sexy) B' U2 R2
or something like that
Unless he changed his E perm alg (entirely possible; I haven't been following his content for a while), I think he uses the R2 U R' d' alg.

I sometimes use R2 U2 F' (R' U' R U)3 F U2 R2 for big cubes though. You can also combine it with PLL parity to get something like r2' F2 U2' r2 F' (U' R' U R)3 F R2' U2' F2 r2 (regripless!) for that one parity case that looks like a V perm from every angle.

brododragon

somebody plug that into jperms alg efficiency calculator thing and tell me what it is. I am genuinely interested. I am pretty sure it would be very hight because you overwork your finger with r moves a lot.

Edit:
It gets a 24 versus the other E perm's 16.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

Edit:

Wait did he have an actual program for it? I thought it was only a formula, but I didn't watch all of both videos