• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Left index (pull UFL to LFD). It takes practice to adopt that F' but I have found that it is really worth it for 2x2.

It's not the smoothest of algs for me, but the low movecount makes up for it.
I've tried, but I just can't get the last three moves to be good at all. Please could you try something posting like this for that alg?

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've tried, but I just can't get the last three moves to be good at all. Please could you try something posting like this for that alg?

I hope I do this right...

R' F U' R2 U F' R
rf 7C 4R rd. 7Q 4D rf // original(I think) rf 7C 4R rd, 7Q, 7M rf

Personally I do the F' R with one motion of my right thumb (after doing the U with a left-index push).
Sameer's word is probably more useful than mine, but there's an alternative :)

I've experimented with loads of ways to do this (inc. yours): R2' instead of R2, a plethora of different fingertricks for the F', different starting positions, OH pushes etc. I have found that my current version is the best for me.

armoni2020

WCA
2011TILS01
I haven't seen this written anywhere, but I've got a 3x3 PLL sequence that I use for "F" ... can anyone tell me if I'm just using something someone else already uses? I looked on the WIKI here, and I didn't see it. Also, it says that the "Optimal Moves" is 14 ... but this sequence is only 13. I would have added this to the WIKI, but for me there is no "edit" option.

B2 L U L' B2 R D' r U2 M' U2 D R2

Edit:
I've also been told that the M' counts as two since the centers are assumed as fixed. However, I also have an "r" in there which counters this and everything ends up back to where it started. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is important to note that in HTM a slice move actually counts as two turns, since the centers are assumed to be fixed.

Your alg has an M' which counts as 2 moves in htm. The above quote is from the wiki description of half-turn metric.

edit: also your post isn't a new method/substep so this is the wrong thread. I'd recommend the Random discussion one.

armoni2020

WCA
2011TILS01
I thank you for directing me to the right place. Still trying to find my way around :) I further thank you for clearing up the M' = 2 moves. I hadn't thought of that because it is done with a single finger-flick (center turns 1/4 turn)... but I can see your point... it is the same as an R L' combo.