• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

kelsar

Hey. What do you think about this metod of training cross?
- make the scramble
- inspection in given fixed time (for example 10 - 30s)
- rotate cube to basic position (for example white center on bottom, green center on front)
- make in memory list of moves to solving cross and write on a sheet of paper (or in a favorite text editor :) )
- make these moves as fast as you can
:)

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
Hey. What do you think about this metod of training cross?
- make the scramble
- inspection in given fixed time (for example 10 - 30s)
- rotate cube to basic position (for example white center on bottom, green center on front)
- make in memory list of moves to solving cross and write on a sheet of paper (or in a favorite text editor :) )
- make these moves as fast as you can
:)

Don't set an inspection time. Take all the time you need to find the moves. tbh, I don't really think of a series of letter turns in my head, I see how the pieces move, and know how I want it to get there... ish

Just think about it, don't really do the actual R U F etc

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01
Since you planned your cross, you know which moves you'll do. While inspecting, try to find an F2L-piece which will not move a lot during the building of the cross, and then track the corresponding F2L-piece so you immediately know where those 2 pieces are and you can solve that pair first.

If you're not able to do this on a certain scramble (for example when the cross takes too many moves, so all pieces will move a lot), turn slowly on the last few moves of the cross, so you can look ahead for the first pair more easily.

Kudz

Just track some pairs or anything other than the cross you are solving so that you automatically know what you will do when you solve the cross.

Just predict it, this technique is good for xcross or really long cross. If you don't want to have long crosses be CN. ez? ez.

e: D B on cross can be replaced with u R other than that it is perfectly fine.

Last edited:

qwertycuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
When I solve the cross I sometimes just solve 2 adjacent cross edges, then I place a f2l pair in. Then I place another cross edge, then I place a f2l pair in. I repeat that stage, until I am finished f2l. I can get around 8 second f2l on that. Am I the only one who does that, or is this common?

Kudz

When I solve the cross I sometimes just solve 2 adjacent cross edges, then I place a f2l pair in. Then I place another cross edge, then I place a f2l pair in. I repeat that stage, until I am finished f2l. I can get around 8 second f2l on that. Am I the only one who does that, or is this common?

Sometimes I do one block like that, but it's much slower than normal cross.

Pragitya

YouTube
Visit Channel
How to get Faster as The cross in CFOP ?

I use cfop to solve the cube and i have mostly observed that during solving the Cross takes the most time and beleive me that sometimes my F2L takes the same time as the cross ! The cross takes 4 seconds sometimes to 12 secs sometimes. I am learning the full OLL Atm but i figured getting the cross faster will also help very much. Many of you would also think that the cross takes a lot of time. Please help me !

TheoLyh

WCA
2016LYHO01
Look at some advanced cross videos... You could also try do the cross blindfolded. Do you know full PLL ? If not learn Them before OLL.
I hope this Can help you :)

CarlThaBeast

Tips for algorithms for the cross?

Hi cubers! I would love if you guys told me some algorithms for solving the cross faster :)

Joel2274

Hi cubers! I would love if you guys told me some algorithms for solving the cross faster :)

There aren't really any alg for the cross, but there are some tips.
1. instead of rotating the cube, use D moves
2. You don't have to put the cross pieces directly under their center pieces the first time, just make the cross so that it is correctly oriented then match up the centers later.
3. for bad edges, (edges that cant be put into place with one move) I put them on the top layer and do U' R' F R

Hope this helps :)

CarlThaBeast

Ok thanks. Except from algoriths are there any other tips you would like to share? It would really help me :)