One-Answer Blindsolving Question Thread

Discussion in 'One-Answer Question Forum' started by Kenneth, Feb 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Speedsolving.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community of over 30,000 people, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the forums!

Already a member? Login to stop seeing this message.
  1. Kenneth

Kenneth Not Alot

Use this thread for short BLD questions.

(I was looking for it but did not see one, if there is? please let me know and I merge).

--------------------------
    Well, my question, [wiki]TuRBo[/wiki], is it only a edge method or did anyone develop the same for corners?

(I'm looking at it atm, this is why I'm asking)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  2. Zane_C

Zane_C Premium Member

TuRBo is also a corner method, it's just not very good nor popular.

3. Whats a tread? I wouldn't have asked if you just made a typo in the title, but you also spelled it the same way in your post. What is it?

4. Kenneth

Kenneth Not Alot

Is the problem recognition? (setting up is at the most 2 moves, alg is at the most 10 moves optimal so it can't be that).

Eric, typo of course, what would it be else? :p But I'm a admin, I can do things like that and then fix it, NP =) Now, your question is not really BLD related, I guess you are using the wrong thread... But Ok, tread, ea=ä, träd = Swedish for tree.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  5. Zane_C

Zane_C Premium Member

If one is willing to go to the effort to learn the cases and build up a skill with recognition, you may as well just learn BH.

6. It's not a typo when he does it wrong in both the title and the post. Anyway..

How many algs are there for M2?

7. JasonK

JasonK Premium Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Melbourne, AUS
    WCA:
    2011KILB01
    Depends how many you want to use. You'll need M U2 M U2 and U2 M' U2 M' for shooting to DB and UF but they don't really count as 'algs' :p Apart from that you can choose to either learn 3 extra algs for M-slice edges when they're flipped wrong or you can just flip them all at the end with a pure-flip. Plus there's U' F2 U M2 U' F2 U for parity but that's another really simple one :D

8. Faz

Faz Former Clock NR Holder

Apr 24, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    WCA:
    2009ZEMD01
    YouTube:
    fazrulz1
    I think Kai uses TuRBo corners.

9. Zane_C

Zane_C Premium Member

If this is true, my previous post was a mistake as Kai is very fast. :eek:

10. Kenneth

Kenneth Not Alot

Ok, Thank's. I know all algs from speedsolving, recognition then... =) =) =)

@Eric, true, it was spelling amnesia :p

11. Rinfiyks

Rinfiyks Member

Mar 31, 2010
    York, United Kingdom
    YouTube:
    Rinfiyks
    I want to learn BLD.
    Which website/youtube video offers the most popular tutorial?

12. Cubenovice

Cubenovice Forever Slow

Old Pochmann: use the following resources

Badmephisto for video (method, do not use his memo system)
    Joel van Noorts written tutorial
    Memo method thread for the various types of memo

13. JasonK

JasonK Premium Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Melbourne, AUS
    WCA:
    2011KILB01
    I'd recommend watching Badmephisto's Old Pochmann tutorial first. He teaches a really easy to understand method that can get you started quickly. However, his memorisation approach is not very good for most people.
    You can also try Eric Limeback's tutorial which teaches the same method for corners and the faster but slightly more confusing M2 method for edges. He also teaches (in my opinion) a much better memo method.

Hope this helped, have fun learning :D

14. Escher

Escher Babby

Jul 23, 2008
    WCA:
    2008KINN01
    YouTube:
    RowanKinneavy
    Ya 'cept his is extended to use DFR corner and maybe a couple of other targets too, not just U layer. Looks fazt.

15. toastman

toastman Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Cool thread bro!

Question, what's the UWR for Megaminx BLD?

16. mati rubik

mati rubik Member

Aug 24, 2008
    santiago, chile
    WCA:
    2009MACA01
    YouTube:
    Mk669
    How can I forget my multiblind memo?

17. Cubenovice

Cubenovice Forever Slow

Vast amounts of alcohol...

18. Mike Hughey

Mike Hughey Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Indianapolis
    WCA:
    2007HUGH01
    YouTube:
    MikeHughey1
    I don't think anyone knows. Rumor has it that Chris Brownlee has done it in under 15 minutes, but he has never confirmed it with an announcement of an actual time, that I know of.

19. RyanReese09

RyanReese09 Premium Member

May 16, 2010
    Whiteford, MD, USA
    WCA:
    2010REES01
    YouTube:
    RyanReese09
    If I want faster edges instead of M2, should I branch out to Turbo and THEN BH or just go straight into BH.

Which is harder, BH edges or corners?

20. mati rubik

mati rubik Member

Aug 24, 2008
    santiago, chile
    WCA:
    2009MACA01
    YouTube:
    Mk669
    are you serious? I'll attempt 4 cubes again and I really need to forget the last one