• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
C

Cubinwitdapizza

1) After OLL. What does ZB have to do with BLD?
2) here is a good list for ZBLL (doesn't have sune/antisune though)
3) look at how the F2L pairs move around the cube, break down into triggers, etc. Make sure you're comfortable with recognition, and practice the algs you've learned a lot. Take a break after each set of 72 (each OLL) and spend the time practicing what you know and solidifying it before moving on to the next OLL.
4) COLL so you know how to recognize the corners, and it's a pretty good stepping-stone overall. Plus then you'll already know some ZBLL's!

I assume you mean ZBLL and not full ZB, as ZBLS probably isn't worth the effort.
Also the blind thing I just want to be able to do blind as an option before learning ZB.

U

Underwatercuber

So I am going to learn full ZB but I have multiple questions.
1) Should I start learning
A. When I get a successful blind solve
B. When I finish memorizing full oll
C. All of the above.
2) Where can I find my algs?
3) memorization tips.
4) should I learn other alg sets before I learn ZB?
If you have any general tips as well please send. Thanks!

1. Where are you with CFOP currently? I would recommend learning full PLL, OLL and COLL before trying out ZBLL at all
2. Just search around online or you can try to gen your own algs.
3. Chunk algs and drill like crazy, you will probably be spending more time drilling then solving if you do try out ZBLL
4. As I mentioned before PLL, OLL and COLL. Also mess around with doing eo at the same time as cross and oriented edges while solving your last pair, both aren’t always the best thing to do but can be nice to know.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

1. Where are you with CFOP currently? I would recommend learning full PLL, OLL and COLL before trying out ZBLL at all
2. Just search around online or you can try to gen your own algs.
3. Chunk algs and drill like crazy, you will probably be spending more time drilling then solving if you do try out ZBLL
4. As I mentioned before PLL, OLL and COLL. Also mess around with doing eo at the same time as cross and oriented edges while solving your last pair, both aren’t always the best thing to do but can be nice to know.
I am sub 19 in CFOP. I know full pll and half of oll.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would say that instead of going down the CFOP route, the ZZ route (with EOCross or, even better, XEOLine) is better.
1. Learn COLL apart from sunes while getting familiar with the method and also practicing blocks.
2. Once you've finished COLL and are comfortable with blocks+EOLine, switch to EOCross and start learning ZBLL.
3. Once you've finished learning ZBLL in less than 3 months, optimise your F2L.
4. Practice a lot.
5. NR time.
1. Learn OLL.
2. Learn COLL.
3. Learn ZBLL.
4. Use ZBLL 1/8 solves so it hardly effects how you solve.
5. Learn another few hundred ZBLS algs on top of ZBLL.
6. Realise ZZ would've been the better option.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I would say that instead of going down the CFOP route, the ZZ route (with EOCross or, even better, XEOLine) is better.
1. Learn COLL apart from sunes while getting familiar with the method and also practicing blocks.
2. Once you've finished COLL and are comfortable with blocks+EOLine, switch to EOCross and start learning ZBLL.
4. Practice a lot.
5. NR time.
1. Learn OLL.
2. Learn COLL.
3. Learn ZBLL.
I think I will take the ZZ route. ZZ seems fun and it seems like there are a lot of cool things you can do with it. Would you recommend any youcuber who has zz tutorials?

YouTube
Visit Channel
4. Practice a lot.
5. NR time.
1. Learn OLL.
2. Learn COLL.
3. Learn ZBLL.
What is XEOLINE? Is it an EOLine with a pair, or is it 3/4 EOcross with a pair

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I have now officially switched to zz with a 39 average. I am going to get better at EO, and the learn coll and then EOCross and ZBLL. I am now part of the zz club!

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nice! Welcome to the club! I would definitely recommend joing the ZZ discord and the speedsolving discord if you can, but no worries if not. Otherwise, don't be afraid to ask for help, either in DM or the various ZZ threads. And ZBLL as an end goal is a very good one imo.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Nice! Welcome to the club! I would definitely recommend joing the ZZ discord and the speedsolving discord if you can, but no worries if not. Otherwise, don't be afraid to ask for help, either in DM or the various ZZ threads. And ZBLL as an end goal is a very good one imo.
Thank you! I might dm you pretty frequently If I have any specific questions. Also I dont do discord so I probably won’t be joining it. But thanks for the invite!

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Woah. I forgot this thread existed. It'd be nice to see if there are any ZZ solvers still active on the forums apart from the 5 or 6 that I know about. If you are, make yourself known and we can help each other out.

Just wondering whether implementing zbls and zbll would be better than a full step cfop solve on average? Please give your views whether putting time into learning it would be worth it.

xyzzy

If you have all the free time in the world to practise full ZB, then it's absolutely worth it. It saves 7-ish moves over plain LS+OLL+PLL, which is quite a lot!

That said, that's a big "if" and it's certainly not worth it for the vast majority of cubers, if the only metric you care about is getting lower times. Full ZB requires way more alg drilling on a consistent basis than most people can bother to do—if one can't put in that effort, less alg-intensive methods like plain CFOP would be better for them.

Should you learn full ZB? If you have to ask, the answer is no.