• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] ZZ and ZB Discussion

If you have all the free time in the world to practise full ZB, then it's absolutely worth it. It saves 7-ish moves over plain LS+OLL+PLL, which is quite a lot!

That said, that's a big "if" and it's certainly not worth it for the vast majority of cubers, if the only metric you care about is getting lower times. Full ZB requires way more alg drilling on a consistent basis than most people can bother to do—if one can't put in that effort, less alg-intensive methods like plain CFOP would be better for them.

Should you learn full ZB? If you have to ask, the answer is no.
Seems appealing but you reasoning makes sense. Thanks bro....I will rather drill the algorithms I already know rather than learning a huge chunk of new ones.

WCA
2020LIMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's good, but you must have a ton of time. You have to learn the algs, and then practice recognition and execution. Technically, it would take over 500 solves before you even finish using all of your algs at least once.

ObscureCuber

I'm new to ZZ and the one thing i'm struggling with is planning EO Line effectively.
can anyone help me or recommend a trainer or something like that?

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Start off by planning EO using unlimited inspection, close your eyes then solve it. Keep up with this for about 10 minutes for a few days then you'll find yourself naturally looking for line pieces as well. Repeat for one line edge then repeat for the whole EOLine. Also, check out this website: https://sites.google.com/view/zzmethod/
It's the most up to date source on ZZ bar the discord server so I'd definitely give it a bookmark.