• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Thom S.

This Thread

I don't think you realize just how big 1LLL is.
By taking the average amount of moves, you would need to store under 50000 Letters associated with completely arbitrary pictures.
There is a reason nobody learnt all of it yet.(I'm not saying it's impossible, I would like you to be the first one, I'm just keeping it real)

BobTaco

This Thread

I don't think you realize just how big 1LLL is.
By taking the average amount of moves, you would need to store under 50000 Letters associated with completely arbitrary pictures.
There is a reason nobody learnt all of it yet.(I'm not saying it's impossible, I would like you to be the first one, I'm just keeping it real)
I understand what both of you are getting at and I am not saying i will learn it all. I understand the complexity and magnitude of that as well as a few other things among cubing i would like to study. I just was looking for as much info as i could find and after searching the internet for 3 or 4 months now on it i have come to the conclusion i would ask around and see if i am missing anything.

al4413

Hey fellas.

I'm pretty familiar with 3x3 OLL & PLL but I've just gotten into 4x4s and I've reached a point in OLL where I don't know how to proceed (pic attached).

This looks like the arrow case (?) but I don't know how to apply that alg for 4x4s. The alg that I can find is M' U M U2 M' U M but my question would be which of the two middle slices should I be using for the alg?

(Alg is from http://www.rubiksplace.com/speedcubing/OLL-algorithms/)

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• 50641952_306620989991479_7563103294160109568_n.jpg
    50641952_306620989991479_7563103294160109568_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 3

al4413

Ahh I was under the impression that you didn't have to pair the edges for the last layer because I thought PLL would take care of that.

You've just solved hours of confusion. Thanks!

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ahh I was under the impression that you didn't have to pair the edges for the last layer because I thought PLL would take care of that.

You've just solved hours of confusion. Thanks!

You're welcome. 4x4x4 is a lot of fun. Check J-Perm for a good Yau tutorial. Real eye opener. I was pairing the last two pairs up with a complicated alg with E slices and stuff, and he has a super easy alg with like 8 moves to do the same thing.

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hold cube with yellow on top, blue in front, D R2 D' U to setup, solving for the white blue orange pair in that orientation. Anyone know any better algs than U' D R2 D'? Its kida awkward to do. I was trying to find something r U D gen with barely any re grips

Artic

For the case above but rotated y' so the insertion happens in the back, does anyone have any rotationless algs?

Artic

setup to Fruruf
R' U2 F R U R' U' F' R

or setup to sledgehammer
R' U' R U R' U2 R' F R F' R

Thanks Brest! That's a great alg. Also, do you have another for the same case, but when the top layer is rotated U2?

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 3.24.43 PM.png <--- (credits to ruwix.com)

Does anyone have a better algorithm than y' (L U2 L') (U L U' L')? This case is annoying for me, and I feel like there is a way to do this without a rotation.

Suggestions? Or should I stick with y' (L U2 L') (U L U' L')?

Last edited:

Hazel

Premium Member
What you're doing is the best way. You could also do a y at the beginning instead of y' and then doing the same thing but from the right (so it would be y R U2 R' U R U' R'), but that's just a matter of personal preference.