• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Chris' sites really outdated for all 2x2 algs, I gen'd algs for the bad ones 2 years ago i think? Although Sameer found some really good cases for some.
Haha this is really funny. I was learning the T set of LEG1 yesterday and started looking for an alg. I found your comment on a post from early 2015 and learned that alg. I saw this thread, and was about to type your alg, but you beat me to it :p

I am trying out a pattern on my 11x11 right now. When solving my 7x7, I usually use this algorithm to swap edges when I run out of unsolved edges to replace the edge I'm working on:

(Ll)’ U2 (Ll)’ U2 F2 (Ll)’ F2 (Rr) U2 (Rr)’ U2 (Ll)2

Unfortunately, this algorithm is only helpful when you're solving the cube normally (centers are all one color) or when the pattern you're trying is symmetrical. When the pattern is asymmetrical, the algorithm causes the center of the top face to get messed up. If you do the algorithm an even number of times, it fixes itself, but right now I'm in a situation where I need an odd number of swaps to occur in order to get the correct edges. Does anyone know a way to swap the edges without messing up the centers?

I'm trying to do a cube within a cube 11 times. As you can see in the attached pictures, the red/white/blue section is solved correctly, but there are 3 areas of the orange/yellow/green section where the second to last edge piece is wrong (requires 3 swaps), and 2 areas where the last edge piece is wrong (requires 1 swap).

Attachments

• IMG_5437.JPG
    IMG_5437.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5438.JPG
    IMG_5438.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

KWolf911

I just got a Rubik's 4x4 a few days ago. I've solved it a few times, but I've had a lot of trouble. One of the main things I keep doing is putting the centers in the wrong spots (red across from blue, green across from orange). Is there any way to switch two adjacent centers while keeping the others intact?

xyzzy

Is there any way to switch two adjacent centers while keeping the others intact?

Rw U2 Rw2' F2 Rw swaps the U and F centres. In case you need to swap opposite centres, there's Rw2 E2 Rw2 (or Rw2 U2 D2 Rw2, which might be easier to execute).

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry, I want an alg that doesn't start with a Y or a U. I want to solve THAT angle, not some other angle. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

P.S. I need some new G-Perms for big cubes.

EDIT: I'm going to use [R U R' U : R' U2 R U R' U2 L U' R U L'] for my Y-Perm from the non-standard angle. Yes, I wrote that in conjugate form. Yes, I would still like some G-Perms for big cubes.

Back to the Y perms from y2 angle....:

F R U' R U' R2' U R U R' F U R2 U' R2 F2
R' U R U' R' U R F U' R' U R' U' R2 U2 R2 U' R2 F'

CubingGenius

Is there any nice alg for ZBLL T 7 ? Cant work with that F one on algdb.

R U2 D' R U' R U R U' R2 D U' R' is what I use.

Is there a list of algorithms where you insert the last F2L corner and the rest of the pieces on the U layer are oriented? I generated some of the cases, I was just wondering if anyone knew a place to find them.

xyzzy

Is there a list of algorithms where you insert the last F2L corner and the rest of the pieces on the U layer are oriented? I generated some of the cases, I was just wondering if anyone knew a place to find them.

Check the Oriented LS set here.

xyzzy

So you insert the last corner with the rest of the last layer oriented and skip PLL. I think there are 288 unique cases?

216 cases (6 for corner permutation, 12 for edges, 3 for corner orientation). 72 of these are TTLLs, but I don't know if anyone's compiled algs for the remaining 144 cases.

CubingGenius

216 cases (6 for corner permutation, 12 for edges, 3 for corner orientation). 72 of these are TTLLs, but I don't know if anyone's compiled algs for the remaining 144 cases.

Sorry, I got 72*3 and 72*4 mixed up. I generated 41 cases so far on one orientation, so I'll try to finish the rest.

Thanks for your help!

ProrokC2

Hey, today i started searching for oll dot algorithms but all of them are inconvinient and overall rubbish. So i came here
I average about 28-30 seconds and im using 4LLL with full pll and 7 olls. Fairly often dots pop up and i waste precious seconds before even doing a final oll.
Thank you

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, today i started searching for oll dot algorithms but all of them are inconvinient and overall rubbish. So i came here
I average about 28-30 seconds and im using 4LLL with full pll and 7 olls. Fairly often dots pop up and i waste precious seconds before even doing a final oll.
Thank you

Well do you know about http://algdb.net/Set/OLL

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
Thank you
Also look into using edge control to avoid them.