• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
Bump (ish)
This is random (obviously) but I made a list of things cubers never say, it's relatively short so I'll probably keep adding to it:
I love parity, it adds so much variety to the events
***some of these may be controversial viewer discretion is advised***
GAN cubes are priced so fairly
That was a +2
A bad time? Must've been a skill issue
Actually I main the GAN 12 maglev peacock edition
I never forget my algs
Rubik's brands are the only real cubes
N perm is hands down the best PLL
Triple parity? That seems fair
Nah I don't need new cubes
I love dot OLLs, I try to force them every solve
Tymon's solves make so much sense, even a baby could follow them
I never do more than one pre-AUF for PLL
2x2 is the most skill-based event
Square-1 notation is the best
I use the Heise method
Of course I don't pause, I would never be sub-optimal
I use a stopwatch to time all my solves
My main event is 21x21
I'm so consistent
Purple internals? Yeah I don't need them
They should add cold handed as an event
I have such accurate turning
Actually I won't count that
U3? I never did such a thing

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Bump (ish)
This is random (obviously) but I made a list of things cubers never say, it's relatively short so I'll probably keep adding to it:
I love parity, it adds so much variety to the events
***some of these may be controversial viewer discretion is advised***
GAN cubes are priced so fairly
That was a +2
A bad time? Must've been a skill issue
Actually I main the GAN 12 maglev peacock edition
I never forget my algs
Rubik's brands are the only real cubes
N perm is hands down the best PLL
Triple parity? That seems fair
Nah I don't need new cubes
I love dot OLLs, I try to force them every solve
Tymon's solves make so much sense, even a baby could follow them
I never do more than one pre-AUF for PLL
2x2 is the most skill-based event
Square-1 notation is the best
I use the Heise method
Of course I don't pause, I would never be sub-optimal
I use a stopwatch to time all my solves
My main event is 21x21
I'm so consistent
Purple internals? Yeah I don't need them
They should add cold handed as an event
I have such accurate turning
Actually I won't count that
U3? I never did such a thing
skill issue

AJT17

WCA
2022TELF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just recently magnetized my 10x10, but I think I messed up, because when it is scrambled some of the edges are repelling, and I think I forgot to make sure the polarity was the same with all of the pieces. I might have to get a new one, since when I do an outer layer turn, I can barely get it to turn because of the repelling magnets moving the pieces away.

xyzzy

(Too long to fit in profile post + I probably want to edit this later on.)

Comp wrap-up:

1. First comp I've been to since… 2019? It's been a while.
2. My being face-blind and the mask-wearing makes it really hard to remember people. I'm so sorry; I can't recognise most of the people there.
3. Three events, three PBs. An average of one PB per event isn't too shabby!
4. I may or may not have weirded out my 4×4×4 judge (I think it was Firstian (I'm so sorry I am extremely face-blind)) with my wacky squares method for cross+reduction and my CP+2GLL last layer.
5. I definitely weirded out my 6×6×6 judge, lmao. Said my solves were completely unlike any others he'd seen. (I'm extremely sorry, I don't remember his name/face.) For all I know, Anyu and I were probably the only M-slice edge pairing users there. Average was pretty good, a solid 5+ seconds lower than my usual average. Something something the power of having had only three hours of sleep.
6. OH was… whatever. Double PB, but (i) my last official OH results were bad compared to my global average at the time and (ii) aside from one good single, these results are still bad compared to my global average now. Judge was Chong Wen, congratulated me on my sub-20 single with Antisune ZBLL. :)
7. Speaking of, I feel like nerves were a big part of why I choked OH so hard. Big cubes gave me enough time for my mentality to stabilise during the solve, but OH goes by much more quickly and shaky hands are much, much worse on OH than on other events. Probably should've signed up for 222 just to get my nerves on point even if I don't care about that meme event.
8. Also got sort-of-a-PB on Jstris PC Mode in between events: 16 PCs on a touchscreen. (Keyboard PB is 45.)
9. If you saw someone messing around with an FTO on stage, that was me.
10. Idk if I'll be signing up for the FMC+BLD comp in July. Inconvenient for reasons I won't disclose here, but also, more importantly, oh god do I have to practise FMC again

(Did I just name-drop three really good cubers in one single post? I pale in comparison to them in just about everything, lol.)

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone here use the CTCIOOAWIAHA method? (Complete the cube In only one algorithm which is a huge algset)

only 43 quintillion algs

not that much guys
I would be quite impressed if you actually had the algorithm you're joking about, since that "Devil's Algorithm" would be afaik a puzzle theory breakthrough

edit: I misread and I thought you meant 1 algorithm over and over, not applying a single algorithm like in God's Number