• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

tsmosher

I use r’ (U2 r U2 r U2) r2 F2 (r’ U2 r’ U2) F2 r2 F2, it's basically a slightly different execution of the most popular alg. The F2 moves feel pretty much like righty U2s

That looks interesting. I'll have to try that.

I have started to use the inverse of the popular Lucas parity alg. Which flows a lot better in my opinion and can be done without that awkward x regrip at the very beginning.

R U2 R U2 R' U2 R U2 L' U2 Rw U2 R' U2 R' B2 R' (x')

or

R U2 R U2 R' U2 R U2 L' U2 Rw U2 R' U2 R' x' U2 R'

tsmosher

I just wanted to say that ZZ-r has 16 last layer algs.
Requires you to learn EOLine/EOCross and LS phasing concepts though. LS phasing is only easy when your last F2L pair reduces to insertion of a premade pair on the U layer. (Otherwise, you can do a sune to phase edges before OCLL...)

Then 7 OCLL-EPP algs and 9 PLL algs (most of which you probably already know).

One beginners approach I used to teach people was: daisy/cross, F2L, EOLL with phasing (not that many cases/algs), OCLL-EPP, PLL.

EDIT: But most newbies want something simpler than that, such as sune reduction or SVOLL as part of a 4+LLL.

Last edited: