• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Do Any of you cube on your roof? I find it relaxing, especially at sunrise because it's not boiling hot and you can watch the sun as you cube. I like to climb on my roof and pick the highest point to do a few solves. My hands do get sweaty because I am nervous I will fall or drop the cube from the height but you start to get used to it after about a dozen roof sessions. One time I almost fell because I was walking and cubing but the chimney saved me from falling onto the concrete part of our backyard.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Do Any of you cube on your roof? I find it relaxing, especially at sunrise because it's not boiling hot and you can watch the sun as you cube. I like to climb on my roof and pick the highest point to do a few solves. My hands do get sweaty because I am nervous I will fall or drop the cube from the height but you start to get used to it after about a dozen roof sessions. One time I almost fell because I was walking and cubing but the chimney saved me from falling onto the concrete part of our backyard.

I used to do that but then I got yelled at

so now I have to do it at night

is putting small text at the bottom of your post still funny? idk anymore

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel

tsmosher

I use r’ (U2 r U2 r U2) r2 F2 (r’ U2 r’ U2) F2 r2 F2, it's basically a slightly different execution of the most popular alg. The F2 moves feel pretty much like righty U2s

That looks interesting. I'll have to try that.

I have started to use the inverse of the popular Lucas parity alg. Which flows a lot better in my opinion and can be done without that awkward x regrip at the very beginning.

R U2 R U2 R' U2 R U2 L' U2 Rw U2 R' U2 R' B2 R' (x')

or

R U2 R U2 R' U2 R U2 L' U2 Rw U2 R' U2 R' x' U2 R'

tsmosher

I just wanted to say that ZZ-r has 16 last layer algs.
Requires you to learn EOLine/EOCross and LS phasing concepts though. LS phasing is only easy when your last F2L pair reduces to insertion of a premade pair on the U layer. (Otherwise, you can do a sune to phase edges before OCLL...)

Then 7 OCLL-EPP algs and 9 PLL algs (most of which you probably already know).

One beginners approach I used to teach people was: daisy/cross, F2L, EOLL with phasing (not that many cases/algs), OCLL-EPP, PLL.

EDIT: But most newbies want something simpler than that, such as sune reduction or SVOLL as part of a 4+LLL.

Last edited: