• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

Waffles

personally,

(regrip right thumb to bottom) F with right index, R, U with right index, R' (take right middle finger off cube), U' with left index, F' with right thumb.

(I also sometimes use right index for final F, depends whether I was turning fast enough)

stwert

personally,

(regrip right thumb to bottom) F with right index, R, U with right index, R' (take right middle finger off cube), U' with left index, F' with right thumb.

(I also sometimes use right index for final F, depends whether I was turning fast enough)
Sorry I was thinking wide f, but I appreciate the reply. I feel like thumb on the bottom back and right index on two layers feels pretty unstable.

But I think I do need to get in the practice of using my index for F and F' or right thumb underneath for F'

Waffles

Sorry I was thinking wide f, but I appreciate the reply. I feel like thumb on the bottom back and right index on two layers feels pretty unstable.

But I think I do need to get in the practice of using my index for F and F' or right thumb underneath for F'
It works for me personally. everybody's different

with wide f:

left index on S layer, push, regrip right thumb to DBR, put right index on cube, R U R' U', f' with right index.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am a relatively new cuber and I have been using my right thumb for F and f and my left thumb for F' and f'. Is that a bad habit I should kick or is that fine? I see index finger used more, but I find it awkward to bring it to the front of the cube. How would you fingertrick f(sexy)f'?
I do it similarly to you, but the other way round (left thumb for F, right thumb for F’)
It depends on the situation and fingertricks following. I don’t see why you’d need to do that, but probably no regrip, use my thumbs to move the wide fs. Maybe even my right index finger on UR.

Sub1Hour

I am a relatively new cuber and I have been using my right thumb for F and f and my left thumb for F' and f'. Is that a bad habit I should kick or is that fine? I see index finger used more, but I find it awkward to bring it to the front of the cube. How would you fingertrick f(sexy)f'?
I use my right thumb for almost every single F/F'. I do F sexy F' like this
Right thumb on the UFR corner (F Sticker) to push down as the F, do sexy move with right thumb falling on the DRF Edge, (F sticker), then push up to F'
If I'm in a grip where my middle finger is on the UR edge, then I'll do the first F with my index finger, then execute it the exact same way.

Speaking of fingertricks, how many of you guys use the Edio U2? I use it instead of a double flick with my left hand.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Do Any of you cube on your roof? I find it relaxing, especially at sunrise because it's not boiling hot and you can watch the sun as you cube. I like to climb on my roof and pick the highest point to do a few solves. My hands do get sweaty because I am nervous I will fall or drop the cube from the height but you start to get used to it after about a dozen roof sessions. One time I almost fell because I was walking and cubing but the chimney saved me from falling onto the concrete part of our backyard.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
Do Any of you cube on your roof? I find it relaxing, especially at sunrise because it's not boiling hot and you can watch the sun as you cube. I like to climb on my roof and pick the highest point to do a few solves. My hands do get sweaty because I am nervous I will fall or drop the cube from the height but you start to get used to it after about a dozen roof sessions. One time I almost fell because I was walking and cubing but the chimney saved me from falling onto the concrete part of our backyard.

I used to do that but then I got yelled at

so now I have to do it at night

is putting small text at the bottom of your post still funny? idk anymore

YouTube
Visit Channel