• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

povlhp

To me beginner methods are the ones that are easy, few algorithms.
The books from around 1980 is surely not a beginners method.
I see the J.Perm method with only 3 simple algorithms (sexy, sune, and the 3 corner swap) as a real beginners method. No letters needed.
If a beginner is taught F2L, it is not really a beginners method.
I know intuitive F2L can be taught without algorithms.

Using Sune to turn corners and permute edges later is considered beginners method as well, as it is still simple layer-by-layer. I think I read about that method somewhere.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 15873
Remember teir lists? Here's mine, you guys should make some too
my-image.png

Well, here's mine and yes, cloncc is S tier worthy

E: oh wait, I made another one.
my-image (1).png

cross with edges oriented is ZZ EOCross, Line with edges oriented is ofc vanilla ZZ, 223 with edges oriented is LEOR, 222 is Petrus

Last edited:

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Right. @Nmile7300 are you basing the tier on WCA puzzles?
I didn't base this off on non-WCA because many of the companies on the tier list (I didn't make this) don't even make non WCA cubes. I could make a separate list for non-WCA, but I'd have to remove Valk, Gan, Guoguan, etc. and replace them with companies that only make non-WCA.

EDIT: Non WCA tier list
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 11.11.56 AM.png

Last edited: