• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

NevEr_QeyX

I am not getting the mgc as I am a beginner in 6x6 and I do not compete in 6x6 in comp. A self-magnetized ylm 6x6 is my only 6x6, and I just want to try my best to make my ylm comfortable to use, at least catch less and turn faster. My ylm is so sluggish, even after lubing the pieces and the core. The friction in each turn is so strong that it makes my hands feel tired. Turning feels heavy. How to reduce the friction in each turn?
You can't, it's a budget cube for a reason. I personally would not have lubed it because lube slows cubes down unless you use DNM-37 or Max Fleet.
You will need to clean it out with soapy water and a toothbrush then let it dry for at least 24 hours. Even then It will still be slow, but now slightly less so.

WCA
2023FUKU01
You can't, it's a budget cube for a reason. I personally would not have lubed it because lube slows cubes down unless you use DNM-37 or Max Fleet.
You will need to clean it out with soapy water and a toothbrush then let it dry for at least 24 hours. Even then It will still be slow, but now slightly less so.
I have heavily lubed it with water base lube, and the friction and sluggishness have gone away. It is still slow, but at least it isn't stiff now.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Did you clean out the original lube? if not the silicone will mix with the water and slow it down even more.
No.Btw, I lubed the core with silicone lube. After using water based lube, it is a bit faster and smoother, but turning still feels heavy that makes my hands tired after a solve.

Last edited:

MDS

I recently just got a magnetic x-man galaxy V2 megaminx and out the box it feels really stiff and is very hard to turn. I am quite new to all of this and was wondering if anyone had any tips/guides? Cheers.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I recently just got a magnetic x-man galaxy V2 megaminx and out the box it feels really stiff and is very hard to turn. I am quite new to all of this and was wondering if anyone had any tips/guides? Cheers.

Try loosening the tensions and lubing it with some faster lubricant, then do a bunch of solves to break the cube in

MDS

Try loosening the tensions and lubing it with some faster lubricant, then do a bunch of solves to break the cube in
Ah right thank you also realised I posted this on the wrong forum soz. Do you have any lube recommendations I have some MoYu v1 lube atm.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ah right thank you also realised I posted this on the wrong forum soz. Do you have any lube recommendations I have some MoYu v1 lube atm.
If that is the red bottle one then yes, if its the blue bottle one then no. The only way I could get mine to speed up was by cleaning it out all of the way and lubing it with only DNM and Lubicle-1. The LM is much faster so if you are absolutely certain you won't be able to speed up your cube.

MDS

Yeah its the blue bottle lol rip. So did you use 2 types of lubes or should Just get 1?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah its the blue bottle lol rip. So did you use 2 types of lubes or should Just get 1?
I would recommend getting the bundle since you get a great price, but if you can only get one then get DNM

MDS

I would recommend getting the bundle since you get a great price, but if you can only get one then get DNM
Ah right thank will get both but from a different website as I'm from the UK. How best would you say to lube the puzzle?

MDS

Just make sure your puzzle is completely clean, then add alternating drops of DNM and Lubicle-1, do 3-4 break-in solves in between until your cube is the speed that you like
Ah thank you, is it like on the sides of the pieces or in the centre?

MDS

I just dropped them in, it will spread throughout the cube evenly no matter how you lube it as long as you break it in
Ah right decent they have both arrived so will do that today still need to clean it that you for all your help.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Has anyone ever used a torque screwdriver to setup a cube? I don’t see much discussion about it on the forums but I can’t be the first person to have thought about it. While I understand that it’s not NECESSARY to achieve satisfactory tensioning results the engineering & precision minded part of my brain thinks it could work very well for getting exact and even tensions all around a cube. Anyone have results to share?