• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Yeoink

My gan xs was working perfectly fine until I relubed it. After that it couldn't properly reverse cornercuts anymore and idk what happened that cussed this. Any help?

Yeoink

Yes I did that and now I took my cube 100% apart an cleaned every component and it's still there

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, so I took the springs and screws out, and then put them back in, and the issue seems to have been fixed. Unfortunately i dont have mgc springs, even i have heard that they work wonders.

WCA
2016DRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I want to know what everyone does for their Gan X cause I have a setup I like but I am wanting to change it up, I did the math and there is 16 possible setups so I want to se what ya'll got!! also if you want you can put in lube and stuff!
Edit: Just realized there are actually 48 possibility because there are 3 tensions on each set of nuts, please tell me if I am off!

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, I took some time to find what I thought was best for me, I’m now on 30 quarter screw revolutions, 0.8 for centrepiece travel, 1.0 for elasticity, 1 for magnets, and my setup is completely dry at the moment, because I want to break it in first and do a ‘completely dry’ review before lubing.

Usually gan is pretty good with sending replacement parts. My friend got the X on pre-order and when it came with a defective core gan responded very quickly and all they needed were pictures and boom, replacement core.
how long did it take for them to ship the core? My XS core is broken.