• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2019HENK01
Can someone tell me why I get a Nb perm (which I don't know) about every four solves, when it should only come up once every 72.

I already know what the answer is, just learn it...
Because you're exaggerating and had an unlucky streak of solves

R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R
r' D' F r U' r' F' D r2 U r' U' r' F r F'

ep2

Because you're exaggerating and had an unlucky streak of solves

R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R

Yes, I know. I'm more likely to remember the solves where it comes up now that I've thought about it. Just more disappointed with myself than anything.

YeaBuDDy

For Two-Sided PLL Recognition U perm how can I tell where the 3 bar is without looking at any other sides?

Last edited:

Jupiter

I average around 40-50 seconds with the Beginners Method. What should I learn first?
Intuitive F2L
2 Look OLL or
2 Look PLL

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I average around 40-50 seconds with the Beginners Method. What should I learn first?
Intuitive F2L
2 Look OLL or
2 Look PLL
I don't think last layer is as important as F2L. I average sub-18, and I don't even know 2-look OLL. (I'm too lazy to learn the finished cross cases.) I would definitely work on F2L, as that's the part of the solve that takes up the most time, and that I think most people struggle with.

TerryD

Is there any way to create algorithms on the fly apart from commutators? Some people mentioned it to me but I haven't though of a way to do it.

swburk

I've long been using this alg for Ub perm for a long time: R2 U F B’ R2 F’ B U’ R2

But most people seem to prefer this one: R2 U R U R’ U’ R’ U’ R’ U R’

Should I switch algs for U perms, and if so, why?

I'm inclined to stick with the alg I know since it has fewer moves, and I feel quite fast and comfortable with it, but there must be a reason most people seem to prefer the other one. The alg I'm using does require a y' rotation from the position where the other one would be performed. Is one position more likely than the other after OLL?