• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Billabob

ELL is easier so learn those first. SV is probably worth learning, OLLCP is not. There's simply too many algorithms and if you know CFCE the time saved by OLLCP is negligible.

If you know WV and SV I would suggest an obscure LL algset - the cases with corners oriented. PLL and anti-PLL combined are 43 algs, 22 to learn if you know PLL. There are 40 algorithms for OLL 57 and 72 for OLL 28 - 28 is not worth learning because M' U M U2 M' U M is so fast and there's simply too many cases. 57 is debatable, 40 algorithms is quite high but doable.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
ELL is easier so learn those first. SV is probably worth learning, OLLCP is not. There's simply too many algorithms and if you know CFCE the time saved by OLLCP is negligible.

If you know WV and SV I would suggest an obscure LL algset - the cases with corners oriented. PLL and anti-PLL combined are 43 algs, 22 to learn if you know PLL. There are 40 algorithms for OLL 57 and 72 for OLL 28 - 28 is not worth learning because M' U M U2 M' U M is so fast and there's simply too many cases. 57 is debatable, 40 algorithms is quite high but doable.

doesn't OLLCP-A permute the corners and orient edges when corners are oriented? It only has 10 algs( - normal CLL+ELL algs), and when combined with WV/SV, it could give me an OLLCP-A -> EPLL(and skips would be much more likely)

brododragon

How many cc is lube should I get? I am a beginner and want enough to last me. Side note: I'm getting lubix. Is that a good choice? I don't really care about the price

GAN 356 X

To be clear, he means 10cc comes at no additional cost, right?
Yes, they do. But compared o the amount of lube you will get its worth the ectra 5 dollars. I have had a bottle of 10cc silk for 3 months now and I've hardly used any of it. I expect that it wlill last the whole fo 2020 and beyond. (one thing I have noticed is that runnier lubes like DNM run out quicker cos they come out of the bottle quicker lol)

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
This is a quick question about hardware.

So I use a GTS3M, and honestly, I've grown to hate it. I can't control it, and it is just too hard to use.

I was recommended the Valk M, because it is supposed to be slower and more controllable? Is this true? Or are there better options?

YouTube
Visit Channel

So I use a GTS3M, and honestly, I've grown to hate it. I can't control it, and it is just too hard to use.

I was recommended the Valk M, because it is supposed to be slower and more controllable? Is this true? Or are there better options?
If you can get. Yuexiao Pro M those are controllable. The Valk is really nice though. MF3RS2M is controllable too. I’ve heard the Valk Elite M is stable.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How many cc is lube should I get? I am a beginner and want enough to last me. Side note: I'm getting lubix. Is that a good choice? I don't really care about the price

I have DNM and Silk and they're great lubes. I can't speak for the others. Bottles of 10cc should be fine.

I would also recommend that you get some all purpose silicone lube, either traaxas 50k or cubicle weight 4 or 5. They're general piece lubes that are very thick. It takes a bit to break in but it provides stability and, once broken in, overall a much smoother solving experience.

Well, first I would question both the cube itself and your turning style. Do you have a steady turning style or a more pause-and-then-tps-spam turning style?
If you've had it for a while, I would also recommend disassembling it and cleaning out all of the gunk and lube. Relube it properly and see if it's still bad.

I can't say anything really about hardware because I'm not too into 3x3 and haven't upgraded or tried anything new in a while. If cleaning up your current cube doesn't work out, I hope that you can find a new cube that suits you well.

VIBE_ZT

WCA
2018TRUD02
Well, first I would question both the cube itself and your turning style. Do you have a steady turning style or a more pause-and-then-tps-spam turning style?
If you've had it for a while, I would also recommend disassembling it and cleaning out all of the gunk and lube. Relube it properly and see if it's still bad.

I can't say anything really about hardware because I'm not too into 3x3 and haven't upgraded or tried anything new in a while. If cleaning up your current cube doesn't work out, I hope that you can find a new cube that suits you well.

Honestly, I turn slowly and also pause a lot. So....

Ive cleaned it and relubed it countless times. Trust me, this cube is not for me.

Thanks though.