• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My lookahead is really bad. I tried turning extremely slowly without timing it and looking for the other pieces, (I can solve all F2L cases eyes closed btw) but my lookahead feels like it has got worse, not better. Are there other ways to practice lookahead efficiently? I also use ZZ.
I found it helped me if I told CS timer to mix up the right block by doing R,U. Then I solve the cube with just R,U. Helps with OH and look ahead.

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone have a list of all COLL algs in a order thats easy to memo? I am good at learning algs if they are in a good order( Like badmepesto's OLL page, they are out of date, but easy to learn because they are in a good order.)

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do I learn more pll or look ahead first?

You don't really "learn" look-ahead. It's something you constantly develop, even with just practice. So, if you want to learn something specific, PLL's the way to go. But definitely practice look-ahead as much as you can while learning your PLLs, especially in slow, untimed solves.

Px_Ushi

Hi everyone,
I started cubing in January with this method because I had a crappy one scrambled : http://fr.wikihow.com/résoudre-un-Rubik's-Cube
Although it's in french, you should be able to understand everything.
I'm looking for another way to do it, with this and the cube I bought I'm a little over the minute cap. Could you give some advice in which one to choose ? I don't want to be "the very best", doing it under a minutes is what I'm aiming for.

Thanks for reading

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone,
I started cubing in January with this method because I had a crappy one scrambled : http://fr.wikihow.com/résoudre-un-Rubik's-Cube
Although it's in french, you should be able to understand everything.
I'm looking for another way to do it, with this and the cube I bought I'm a little over the minute cap. Could you give some advice in which one to choose ? I don't want to be "the very best", doing it under a minutes is what I'm aiming for.

Thanks for reading

https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/beginners-guide-to-choosing-a-speedsolving-method.43471/

sqAree

WCA
2015JAEH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So what do people do with the VHLS case with the pair already formed and all edges unoriented? Just sledge to avoid at least the dot OLL?
I'm especially interested in OH. What about U2 F' L' U2 L F R U2 R' ? Worth it?
Consider I use COLL and am learning ZBLL.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
So what do people do with the VHLS case with the pair already formed and all edges unoriented? Just sledge to avoid at least the dot OLL?
I'm especially interested in OH. What about U2 F' L' U2 L F R U2 R' ? Worth it?
Consider I use COLL and am learning ZBLL.
I do (with pair in BL) sledge U2 sledge but I really don't do CFOP though.

Miro

Where can I find algorithm similar to U-perm, which NOT prevents LL corners permutations? I think it should be easer and more suitable for beginner method. How can I generate it in Cube Explorer or some else software?

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Where can I find algorithm similar to U-perm, which NOT prevents LL corners permutations? I think it should be easer and more suitable for beginner method. How can I generate it in Cube Explorer or some else software?

Do you mean a U-perm that completely disregards the corners? or just disregards corner permutation, but preserves orientation?

If you want to preserve corner orientation but not permutation, the standard <RU> or <MU> U-perm is probably fastest, even though it keeps permutation as well. If you want to *completely* disregard LL corners, Sune or Anti-Sune is probably faster, but you lose orientation (but not permutation, as chance would have it)

Miro

Do you mean a U-perm that completely disregards the corners? or just disregards corner permutation, but preserves orientation?

If you want to preserve corner orientation but not permutation, the standard <RU> or <MU> U-perm is probably fastest, even though it keeps permutation as well. If you want to *completely* disregard LL corners, Sune or Anti-Sune is probably faster, but you lose orientation (but not permutation, as chance would have it)
Thank you for answer. I want to preserve corners orientation. I want to find easy one 3-gen algorithm<RUF>, not fast one.