• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Also: do you rate the Y=perm from that site?

R2 U' R' U R U' [x'] U' [z'] U' R U' R' U' [z] U R

Or do you have a better one?
F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R F'
This is made of two OLLs, F R U' R' U' R U R' F' and R U R' U' R' F R F'. The T perm I posted above is the same algs, but in the other order.

jms

Thanks. I'll play around with them and see which I find easier.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you speed up your pll when you already full plc memorized ?
Find better algs. algdb.net is the best website to look for algs.
Practise. Repeat your algs again and again, timing them if necessary, and try to get them faster. Maybe look for fingertrick videos, as executing an alg differently can make it faster.

jokeeffe

Anyone know of a scrambler that can do cross scrambles? Meaning, starting from a solved cross, generate a short scramble to get to a random cross state. I'm looking to do repeated cross solves, and would rather not have to do a full 20-move scramble each time.

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone know of a scrambler that can do cross scrambles? Meaning, starting from a solved cross, generate a short scramble to get to a random cross state. I'm looking to do repeated cross solves, and would rather not have to do a full 20-move scramble each time.

cstimer can do this. Select 3x3, easy cross, set length to 0.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
cstimer can do this. Select 3x3, easy cross, set length to 0.
That wasn't what he was asking. He was asking for a cube that does random state scrambles for the cross (like if a cube didn't have any stickers except on your cross pieces and centres, and you wanted random state scrambles).

(also, csTimer has a 'solved cross' option :p)

jokeeffe

That wasn't what he was asking. He was asking for a cube that does random state scrambles for the cross

Yeah, what TDM said (but looking for a scrambler, not a cube :). I just want to do scramble, solve cross, scramble, solve cross, repeat, and I'd rather have short quick random-state cross scrambles than long full-cube 20-move scrambles. The easy cross feature on csTimer is awesome as well, and I do use that for other types of cross practice, but that's not what I'm talking about here.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
How to get better at the cross?
Practise. Try solving the cross blindfolded; take as much time as you need to plan a solution, then do it without looking. This means you have to be efficient with your cross, because if you're not it wlill be harder to track your pieces. The more you practise, the more efficient you'll become. Also, if you can plan the cross in inspection easily, then you can start to look for your first F2L pair as you're doing the cross without having to concentrate on it; eliminating pauses can save a lot of time.

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
When I try to look ahead for F2L, I solve a pair then, while solving that pair, I look for my next one, occasionally glancing back at the one I'm solving to make sure I don't mess it up. Should I have more confidence in inserting F2L pairs so I don't have to look back at them or is this acceptable for F2L?

Arkwell

57 OLL images Black & White?

Dumb question, where can I find all 57 OLLs in Black & White rather instead of color, or is there a way to change a list to black & white? Jessica's site has some but I can't find the complete set.

Last edited: