• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I'm not sub 15 and I know OLL. OLL isn't too important to know because you can still know individual cases but do 2 look like you know what is gonna come next after you orient the edges. I don't recommend that at all but it is possible.

Whenever I get an OLL case I know(I average 15 with 3lll), my OLL will be 1-2 seconds faster. OLL is definitely important as you get faster, I deeply regret not learning OLL and PLL earlier. I didn't start PLL until I was sub-20 and OLL until very recently. I could definitely be sub-14 if I knew OLL and probably sub-13 if I'd learned it earlier because I'd have had time to drill the cases

Z

Zubin Park

So my sub-x guide for CFOP was well received, and so for those who felt that there wasn't a specific guide for their level (eg. sub-12, sub-15), then I could make a guide for you based off of things that you think you should improve on, or certain questions you might have.

GLW

Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me with learning full pll and f2l. I have been trying to learn full pll and f2l but it's hard for me, If you know a good website for f2l please comment below anyway thanks!

(please comment below if you could help)

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure what the best tutorial for F2L is, but make sure to learn INTUITIVE F2L, it is way easier than learning a bunch of algs and most people consider it better. Also, what do you average? you may not need PLL and F2L yet at all.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I avg 45 I have learned 2 look oll and pll I have also learned INTUITIVE F2L but at the moment I'm trying to get avg sub 30 and I think learning f2l and full pll would help
Whoa whoa whoa. You are getting way ahead of yourself. Sub 30? You average 45! Focus on getting sub 40 first! Also, "full" F2L doesn't really exist and learning a bunch of F2L algs won't help you at all. What you need to do is watch walkthrough solves to find the case that you are doing inefficiently and learn how to do it efficient. PLL will not help you much at this stage and isn't necessary until you are sub 30. Also please type your own message instead of changing my quote, it is way less confusing. What you did makes it look like I said that which I didn't, I understand that you are new here, I'm just showing you how to use the forums.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Intuitive F2L is plenty. But don't learn F2L algs.
Very wise words of wisdom
Whoa whoa whoa. You are getting way ahead of yourself. Sub 30? You average 45! Focus on getting sub 40 first! Also, "full" F2L doesn't really exist and learning a bunch of F2L algs won't help you at all. What you need to do is watch walkthrough solves to find the case that you are doing inefficiently and learn how to do it efficient. PLL will not help you much at this stage and isn't necessary until you are sub 30. Also please type your own message instead of changing my quote, it is way less confusing. What you did makes it look like I said that which I didn't, I understand that you are new here, I'm just showing you how to use the forums.
Also very wise words of wisdom.

Now, for my own "wise" words of wisdom.

Just work on your TPS and efficiency. At this point, I'm guessing your splits are probably real uneven around Cross and F2L. If your F2L pairs don't take more than around 12 moves each (they shouldn't take that many in the first place) then your TPS would only need to be around 4-5 to get a sub 15 F2L. Make sure your cross is also efficient as possible. Since you are a beginner I'd say get your cross under 10 moves every time. Use infinite inspection to find an efficient cross solution. Also, while your still this slow its a great time to become color neutral. The faster you are the harder the switch is, so if you want to become color neutral at some point, start now while your still slow.

GLW

Very wise words of wisdom

Also very wise words of wisdom.

Now, for my own "wise" words of wisdom.

Just work on your TPS and efficiency. At this point, I'm guessing your splits are probably real uneven around Cross and F2L. If your F2L pairs don't take more than around 12 moves each (they shouldn't take that many in the first place) then your TPS would only need to be around 4-5 to get a sub 15 F2L. Make sure your cross is also efficient as possible. Since you are a beginner I'd say get your cross under 10 moves every time. Use infinite inspection to find an efficient cross solution. Also, while your still this slow its a great time to become color neutral. The faster you are the harder the switch is, so if you want to become color neutral at some point, start now while your still slow.
how can i do walkthrough solves and how do I do them? do I record my self solving and see what algs I need to learn?

GLW

and i know why my times are slow its my f2l it takes like 15 moves for one

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
how can i do walkthrough solves and how do I do them? do I record my self solving and see what algs I need to learn?
Look up "Rubik's cube walkthrough solves CFOP" or something of that nature on YouTube. It has nothing to do with recording yourself or learning algs.
and i know why my times are slow its my f2l it takes like 15 moves for one
So you know you F2L is your biggest weakness but you are ignoring it and trying to learn algs instead? Last layer algorithms won't magically make you faster. You need to fix your problem, not find an excuse or a way to work around it.
and btw what should i learn to get sub 40
Like we said, you DON'T need to learn anything new, you need to work on your cross and F2L solutions! Please stop ignoring the advice that we are giving you. Also don't triple post use the edit feature and quote.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I think my U-perms are kinda unusual. I put the solved side in the front for both of them and I use these algs:
Ua: M2 U M' U2 M U M2
Ub: M2 U' M' U2 M U' M2

Also, another way to find lots of algs for any case is this phenomenon called Google. :p

(Another) also, if you want to make your PLLs better, you should probably use the standard algs, because in most cases, they are the best ones.

zzcuberman

I think my U-perms are kinda unusual. I put the solved side in the front for both of them and I use these algs:
Ua: M2 U M' U2 M U M2
Ub: M2 U' M' U2 M U' M2

Also, another way to find lots of algs for any case is this phenomenon called Google. :p

(Another) also, if you want to make your PLLs better, you should probably use the standard algs, because in most cases, they are the best ones.
Hard to find the good algs when all i can find is the sub optimal standards when i search