• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Na: F' R U R' U' R' F R2 F U' R' U' R U F' R'
It'll take quite some time to get used to this one, but it's definitely worth the learning.

Nb: r' D' F r U' r' F' D r2 U r' U' r' F r F'
Other than the inverse, NOTHING ELSE IS BETTER.

Ra: R U' R' U' R U R D R' U' R D' R' U2 R'
The algs you listed were for Rb.

Rb: R' U2 R' D' R U' R' D R U R U' R' U' R or R2 F R U R U' R' F' R U2 R' U2 R
The algs you listed were for T.

V: R U' R U R' D R D' R U' D R2 U R2 D' R2
The ones you listed are also good, but I prefer this.

Y: F R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' F'
Less popular but very fast.

Please note that these are the ones that I use and might not work well for you.

R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R is better or at least equal for Nb imo. I thought I may have missed some R algs. I actually use that V-Perm lol. I've never seen that Y-perm, it's actually pretty good

zzcuberman

R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R is better or at least equal for Nb imo. I thought I may have missed some R algs. I actually use that V-Perm lol. I've never seen that Y-perm, it's actually pretty good
this one is good but you really should give the wide R one a week or two and itll be worth it

xyzzy

Thanks. I don't understand why people say VHLS bad, but ZBLS good
ZBLS is more efficient and does the whole LS + EO in one look. (compared to two look in VHLS)
Yes, ZBLS is more efficient than VHLS. That by itself doesn't mean VHLS is bad, though. Compare:

1. form pair, insert, OLL, PLL
2. form pair, VHLS, COLL, EPLL (or OCLL, PLL)
3. form pair, VHLS, ZBLL
4. ZBLS, ZBLL

If your point is that #2 is worse than #1, that's probably true. If your point is that #3 is worse than #1, that's obviously false. #3 also serves as a very reasonable stepping stone towards #4, the ZB holy grail. Basically, "VHLS is bad" is a sometimes-true-sometimes-false statement that conceals many assumptions.

(see also)

Yes, ZBLS is more efficient than VHLS. That by itself doesn't mean VHLS is bad, though. Compare:

1. form pair, insert, OLL, PLL
2. form pair, VHLS, COLL, EPLL (or OCLL, PLL)
3. form pair, VHLS, ZBLL
4. ZBLS, ZBLL

If your point is that #2 is worse than #1, that's probably true. If your point is that #3 is worse than #1, that's obviously false. #3 also serves as a very reasonable stepping stone towards #4, the ZB holy grail. Basically, "VHLS is bad" is a sometimes-true-sometimes-false statement that conceals many assumptions.
oh yea, right but in this context, I was considering COLL + EPLL though.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it just me or is it weird how Lucas Etter fingertricks his PLLs? He has a bunch of regrips, he even does J and T perm with 2 regrips! And still somehow he has 18 TPS and gets them all under 0.85!

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am going to start leaning full OLL soon. I know many people don't like the dots and save them for last. I recognize those cases as taking the longest to execute with my current 2LOLL. As such i am considering learning them first. To me this provides immediate benefit to my slowest cases/solves and since they are some of the hardest you get the more repletion and time to practice with those cases. Thoughts?

edited To remove 4LLL

Last edited:

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am going to start leaning full OLL soon. I know many people don't like the dots and save them for last. I recognize those cases as taking the longest to execute with my current 4LLL. As such i am considering learning them first. To me this provides immediate benefit to my slowest cases/solves and since they are some of the hardest you get the more repletion and time to practice with those cases. Thoughts?
Honestly that sounds like a great idea. A lot of people put off the dots until the end or learn things to avoid them that end up being worse. I didn't personally learn them first because I learned OLL in a weird way, but I think that's a good idea. :)

chocool6

I am going to start leaning full OLL soon. I know many people don't like the dots and save them for last. I recognize those cases as taking the longest to execute with my current 4LLL. As such i am considering learning them first. To me this provides immediate benefit to my slowest cases/solves and since they are some of the hardest you get the more repletion and time to practice with those cases. Thoughts?
That's a good idea, I. think its best to get the hard things out of the way first so that the rest is easy. Also have you learned PLL yet? I would recommend that first.