• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

First sub-2:00 single on Megaminx!

The Dayan makes Megamix so enjoyable, I think it's now my favorite event over 6x6.

LL was really lucky, EO1 to CO7 finishing with a Ua-perm.
Congrats! When did you get the Dayan?

Cuber2s

WCA
2021DACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
sub 8 3x3 single

Generated By csTimer+ on 2021-12-28
single: 7.38

Time List:
1. 7.38 U2 R2 D' L2 U' B2 D L2 U' L D' L D B L2 F2 U R F'

solution

y//inspection

L' F' B2 U' R' F2//cross

U y' R U R'//first pair

R' U' R U R' U2 R//second pair

y' R U2 R' U' L' U L//third pair

U2 y L' U L//fourth pair

U' l' U l2 U' l2 U' l2 U l'//oll/ pll skip

Last edited:

Athefre

My 2021 accomplishments:
  • APB - A new, very competitive method / system. As evidenced in this post.
  • NBRS - Added block referencing to our standard notation. Also, with a lot of help from a few others, developed a way to describe cube states.
  • ACRM - A new recognition method that works for CxLL, NMCxLL, and Conjugated CxLL (CCLL). tsmosher created a document for the recognition method.
  • Got Nautilus settled into its primary variants and grew a Discord server for the method.
  • MI4 big cube method.
  • Ætherman 3x3 method.
  • Helped solve the Briggs / YruRU / Noah's CP Block debate. The full method is now called CEOR.
  • Developed iterative L7E EO for 42 and other methods.

Puzzlerr

i got my first sub 18 average! 17.84 ( i average mid 19s) and in that same average i got a 14.07 my new pb single! (almost sub 14!!)

unirox13

Just solved my new face- turning Starminx (yay for late Christmas presents!) with minimal help. I used a tutorial but only for tips on what order to do things in. After I got the next step, I paused the video and worked on getting that next step done on my own. It was a challenge and took me all day, but I had a lot of fun figuring things out. I'm looking forward to giving it another shot tomorrow.

I had state auditions for choir today and I hadn't made it so I was pretty bummed out for the whole day. I was cubing to try and calm myself down and I realized that I got 2 sub 10s in a row. The next solve was a low 10 so I knew it was going to be a good average. The next solve ended up being a high 13, so to get a pb, I had to get a really fast time. I managed to get a 9.72 which led to a 9.90 ao5; my first ever sub 10 average. I'm still in shock. It took me over 3 years to get to this point and I'm very satisfied.

Generated By csTimer on 2022-01-08
avg of 5: 9.907

Time List:
1. (9.650) D2 R B2 F2 R2 D2 R F2 L' R2 U' F L2 U R' F2 L2 U' F
2. 9.680 D' L' B U2 L2 B2 L' U' B U F2 R2 U R2 U2 R2 U F2 L2 B2
3. 10.320 D L2 B2 U R2 B2 D R2 D' B2 F2 D' L' F' R2 D2 B D2 R2 F D'
4. (13.980) B2 L D' F' R' F' U' R2 F' R' B2 L F2 U2 R D2 R' D2 F2 D2 R2
5. 9.720 U' F2 U F2 U' L2 U2 R2 U L2 F' U F R' B D2 F' R F' U2

Puzzlerr

I just broke a bunch of pbs! 2X2 i got a pb average of 4.29 and a really great single of 1.85 (it was more like a 1.50 but I missed the spacebar, also I use Ortega), a pb pyraminx average of 7.90 (i use lbl) a pb 4x4 average of 1.45 minutes and a pb 4x4 single of 1.21 minutes. So I'm really happy with this, i got a pb average and single in all the events i do with a few exceptions (no 3x3 pbs, but i got a pb single and average a few days ago, scroll up. And no pyraminx single, but i did get a pretty good 5 second solve in that average)

First time getting all four pairs in inspection? kinda sorta?

D2 B2 L2 B' D2 B' L2 B' D2 U2 F2 R2 D' F' D B U R' D R F

white cross is very easy, just y' z2 in inspection, then L D' R' D2. blue/red and blue/orange pairs are obvious, U R U' R' inserts blue/orange without disturbing blue/red, which I could insert with r' F U' R U M. I also saw that the green/orange edge piece would end up in the back left slot, and traced the corner to the front left with a L U L2 U' L insert. (recreating the solve now it turns out I didn't even trace it correctly but I traced it so incorrectly it actually ended up in that spot anyway. Neat.) Anyway turns out that after the first two pairs, green/red, the only pair I didn't plan for, ended up as a three mover after the first two pairs... that you insert with L U L'. Which I was doing anyway for green/orange.

Anyway I finished F2L sub 6 with a lot of lock-ups (my cube is still super tight because that's the only way I can control it until I bother to buy some new lube) and with a lot of insecurities about my planned solution, got super excited, and messed up the OLL algorithm and ended up with a 16. (I average mid 13.)