• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
channel/UCXxvOAAJVVoR7UfjeAv_bjA
3:02.53 octahedron
Literally a 4 minutes drop
It was on the bus too, so I was trying to to turn to quickly because it's a rather loud puzzle.

Edges were quick and there were a bunch of solved centers already. I think I managed to use 3-cycle to solve 3 pieces most of the time, as opposed to just 2 or one. I'm very happy with this.

I just crushed my personal best on 4x4 with a 3:59 (yes, minutes). My goal is to be sub 2 minutes with my completely intuituve method, which looks achievable.

Edit: I'm down to 3:29. I've started practicing Roux on 3x3 since I realized that my 4x4 direct-solving method is just Roux if converted to the 3x3. I hope this will improve my lookahead, which is really the only thing making my times very slow. My 3x3 time is about 1:40.

Edit: 3:15

Edit: 3:03

Last edited:
decided to use balint s2l
beat my mega pb on first try
yeee :)

EDIT:2nd pb breaker in a row,5:57.01,am now sub 6

Last edited:
I just got a new PB (11.68) and I would like to get a sub 10 PB... That would be great, I average like around 16 or 17 seconds... Some pro tips to improve at this point?