• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Donovan's Algorithm is complete!!! Only 944HTM/ 990QTM/ 852STM/ 864ETM. A brand new way of doing your PLL skip!

This is the mirrored algorithm of the original because there were some mistakes and it was easier to fix it like this.

This is an informal quest so I'm just adding algs whenever I feel like it. (Not going out of my way to find some)

Super inefficient PLL's 5/22

Edit: The link is to long to post on my profile.
Edit Edit: "Thanks" @Donovan749374 for the alg.

Last edited:
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Donovan's Algorithm is complete!!! Only 944HTM/ 990QTM/ 852STM/ 864ETM. A brand new way of doing your PLL skip!

This is the mirrored algorithm of the original because there were some mistakes and it was easier to fix it like this.

This is an informal quest so I'm just adding algs whenever I feel like it. (Not going out of my way to find some)

Super inefficient PLL's 5/22

Edit: The link is to long to post on my profile.

Edit Edit: If you could show some appreciation that would be nice. I was up until almost 1 a.m. last night and a couple more hours this morning working on this.
I don't know what's this but it seems cool

Last edited:

xyzzy

This 22LL/2ublocks:
visualcube.php

Standard alg:
r U' r' U' r U r' U2 r' D' r U' r' D r

"just re-solve F2L on a different side and get a skip" alg:
R' F' r' F r F U' R U R2 F R F' R

z' // change F2L direction
U' // prepare to force LL skip
F' u' F u F // third slot
L' U L U2 F U F' // last slot
U // LL skip

Executed without the initial rotation, it becomes the RrUF alg written earlier.

This cursed alg has a heavy reliance on home-grip F and F' moves, which I don't really like. Standard alg is almost certainly better, but in all honesty I'll remember neither alg the next time I get this case and just do OLL into J perm.

xyzzy

>This request was automatically upgraded to HTTPS, For more information see https://blog.chromium.org/2019/10/no-more-mixed-messages-about-https.html

lol imagine going out of your way to install Chrome and it won't even load websites properly

Use Firefox instead. Or I guess you can bug @Cride5 to add HTTPS support to his website.

EDIT:
Obviously if you use Brave or some other meme Chrome derivative, that's still basically the same thing; don't be silly. Even if you are in fact using some non-Chrome-derivative browser, if it doesn't load HTTP resources, it's still broken, and you should still be using a non-broken browser instead. I'm not going to go out of my way to reupload the VisualCube pics because (i) that's stupid; they still work fine in a proper web browser (tell me, did HTTP suddenly stop being a web standard? should Google be the sole authority on what should load and what shouldn't?) and also (ii) this forum does not support SVG uploads, so it'd be necessary to convert to a raster format first, which is also stupid.

Basically: you're complaining to the wrong person. Bug Cride5, bug pjk to add VisualCube support directly to the forum, bug Google to revert their HTTP breakage, bug anyone but me. I refuse to be in charge of cleaning up after other people.
EDIT2 (originally a separate post, but I'm combining it here because >off-topic):
just don't bother to generate images in another way
I will use workarounds only if necessary to make them work on my machine, and only insofar as they don't violate standards. This works on my machine, and also falls within spec; ergo no workaround on my end.

If you're offering to host a VisualCube instance with functioning HTTPS, together with a promise to keep it running entirely free of charge for at least as long as the original VisualCube has been running up to this point (at least 5 years? idk), by all means, go ahead, and I'll edit all of the VisualCube URLs I've ever posted to point to your instance. I'm not unwilling to compromise; I just won't do it when it requires only effort from my end.
I'm not going to spend any more time arguing about this. I still think you're being absolutely obtuse, but to be fair, so am I. So there's that.

Last edited:
A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
>This request was automatically upgraded to HTTPS, For more information see https://blog.chromium.org/2019/10/no-more-mixed-messages-about-https.html

lol imagine going out of your way to install Chrome and it won't even load websites properly

Use Firefox instead. Or I guess you can bug @Cride5 to add HTTPS support to his website.
I don't use Chrome.

Imagine posting a picture that doesn't upload for everybody and then give a pathetic diss when somebody points it out.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Basically: you're complaining to the wrong person. Bug Cride5, bug pjk to add VisualCube support directly to the forum, bug Google to revert their HTTP breakage, bug anyone but me. I refuse to be in charge of cleaning up after other people.
the old it's not my fault excuse

I'll send e-mail to google asap, don't worrie

just don't bother to generate images in another way

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will use workarounds only if necessary to make them work on my machine, and only insofar as they don't violate standards. This works on my machine, and also falls within spec; ergo no workaround on my end.

If you're offering to host a VisualCube instance with functioning HTTPS, together with a promise to keep it running entirely free of charge for at least as long as the original VisualCube has been running up to this point (at least 5 years? idk), by all means, go ahead, and I'll edit all of the VisualCube URLs I've ever posted to point to your instance. I'm not unwilling to compromise; I just won't do it when it requires only effort from my end.
wow dude you really like to overcomplicate things.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
This disgusting ZBLL/22LL:
visualcube.php

R' F R F' R U' R' F' U F R U R' U' R U2 R'
(y') R U2 R' U R' F R F' R U' R' F' U F R U R'

These are also N perm setups. First one has overworked left hand near the end but for some reason I still prefer it over the second. Both seem better than the old algs I had for this case.

(Callback to this: )
(U) F U R U’ R’ S U f’ R’ f R U’ R’ f’ R

xyzzy

(U) F U R U’ R’ S U f’ R’ f R U’ R’ f’ R
Huh, interesting. This seems to get me nice singles but the S U f' in the middle is really tricky. Is the S move supposed to be done with left index, or is the U f' supposed to be done in one motion with the left index (pushing back on FLU then down on UL)?

Also, you can modify this to get an Na perm (of questionable use?):
R' f R U' R' f' R U F U R U' R' S U f'

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Huh, interesting. This seems to get me nice singles but the S U f' in the middle is really tricky. Is the S move supposed to be done with left index, or is the U f' supposed to be done in one motion with the left index (pushing back on FLU then down on UL)?

Also, you can modify this to get an Na perm (of questionable use?):
R' f R U' R' f' R U F U R U' R' S U f'
Personally I prefer doing right thumb to start and push the S with left index and keep it on top during right U then bring the left index back down to do the f’. You can use the middle fingers to do a lot of moves in the alg as well depending on how you execute certain moves.
Edit: also what speed are you getting on the alg? I’m getting around 1.2 at the moment.