• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

xyzzy

CLLEF U4:
R2' r U' r' B2' r2 U2' r' U r' B2' R2

Regripless; do the B2' with right ring/pinky double flicks. This is just the optimal alg written with Rw moves, so I wasn't expecting this to be original, but Google didn't find anything.

Just for fun, here's an RUSFf alg for the same CLLEF case: S U R U R' U R U' R U' R' F R' f'.

(too bad this alg is garbage)

e: And for big cubes, r' U' R U' R' U2 r F R' F' R U R U' R' might be good, idk.

e2: Never mind, here's a fun combo alg that's probably way better: r' U' R U' R' U2 F2 r U2 r U' r' F.

Last edited:

Cubified

WCA
2016SCHK01
Hold with the bar on left
R' U' F' [R U R' U'] R' F R2 [U' R' U R] U (R U R' U R U2 R')
Basically, it is the first half of an F-Perm canceled into a Sune
Let me know what you guys think of it

xyzzy

Hold with the bar on left
R' U' F' [R U R' U'] R' F R2 [U' R' U R] U (R U R' U R U2 R')
Basically, it is the first half of an F-Perm canceled into a Sune
Let me know what you guys think of it
It's 22 moves long. Also, there's no cancellation at all, which is why this is longer than the standard F perm alg (18 moves).

Hazel

Premium Member
I like it, but the transition from the almost-F perm to the Sune seems awkward, maybe I just need to figure out how to fingertrick it better.

xyzzy

Do you know if there is anyway I could shorten up this alg without changing the alg entirely
It's generally not possible to locally shorten algs. You can try taking the middle 15 or so moves and feeding those into Cube Explorer, but I doubt you'd get anything nice out of it.

SenorJuan

This is a list of the most efficient algorithms you can learn, It includes the basic 41 and an extra 36 special cases. I recommend learning the basic 41 algorithms, 2-look OLL, and full PLL before learning the 36 special cases. Good Luck!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nzAXYUWZJ6H2wIOXaHdWXep3W57tArbR/view

Some interesting stuff there, possibly even some I've not seen before. I'm an 'intuitive' solver, so many of your algs really only apply to the '4th slot' of my solves. But I do use some trick algs when trying FMC, so your guide will get studied.
I question whether you should include the few 'empty slot' algorithms in this guide. They really belong in an 'Intuitive Guide' , not an algorithmic one. Without explanations, they don't really mean much ... and if you're including empty-slot algs, why just those few? Decent intuitive solvers could easily add 500 more algorithms to your list, but it wouldn't really be an algorithmic guide, then.

One thing I did spot, when having a quick glance through, was the algs for 'pair in adjacent slot'.
There is a neater ( shorter, anyway) solution:

F R U' R2 F' R
and
R' F' U F2 R F'

In practice, it's usually wisest to solve the other slot, and usually, the pair stay 'together' when they come out, for an easy insertion into their correct slot.

The symmetrical nature of the 'pair in opposite slot' cases gives you the option of:

R L' U2 L R' ; L' R U2 R' L
y L' R' U2 R L ; y R' L' U2 L R
and y' L' R' U2 R L ; y' R' L' U2 L R

Milkwood

2-look oll and pll alg
I see that there's SOO many different 2-look oll and pll alg that people use. I understand that many are just personal preferences,b but I also see that some are just old outdated. How do I know that I'm using some that are ok?

I use the Badmephisto for OLL (but I somehow use R U2 R' U' R U' R' on a roted antisune).
https://defhacks.github.io/badmephisto-mirror/2LookOLL.pdf

and Jperm 2look PLL with
Diagonal Corner Swap (F R U' R' U' R U R' F')(R U R' U' R' F R F')
Adjacent Corner Swap ((R U R' U' R' F) R2 (U' R' U' R U R' F')

3-edges
R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2
R2 U R U R' U'R' U' R' U R'
4 edged
M2 U' M2 U2 M2 U' M2
M' U' M2 U' M2 U' M' U2 M2

Just want to check if this are ok 2-look oll and pll... Will continue to learn more oll/plls later..

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
A 35 btm/40 single slice turn superflip of the middle edges of the 5x5x5.
3R2 U2 3R' U2 B 3D2 B2 3D2 F L' R F'3D2 B2 3D2 B' U2 3R U2 3R2F B' R' L F' BB' 3U2 L2 3U' L2 BR2 L2B' L2 3U L2 3U2 BR2 L2

A 15 btm 4 flip of 5x5x5 middle edges in the U face.
3R U2 3R' U2 F L R' F' U2 3R U2 3R2 F R L' F' 3R

And, if you didn't notice from the superflip, a 22 btm 8 flip (where all flipped middle edges are in the U and D faces)
3R2 U2 3R' U2 B 3D2 B2 3D2 F L' R F'3D2 B2 3D2 B' U2 3R U2 3R2F B' R' L F' B

EDIT:

I just found out that Per found a 26 move 5x5x5 cube superflip in 2008!
F D R D2 B U B L B2 D 3R2 3U2 3F2 D' B2 L' B' U' B' D2 R' D' F' 3R2 3U2 3F2

Last edited:

SlayerMortal

I will show you how to solve the fish case. No M turns
Ok just put the unsolved edges on the right and front and do a fat T perm. ( the first sexy move and sledgehammer are Fat and the rest is just the normal T perm.)
15512100672428069340637601018116.jpg

CarterK

WCA
2015KUCA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For those who don want to do m moves and are bad at learning. I just found it accidentally
Whether you're bad at it or not, you still need to use the other alg if you want to be as fast as you can be. Also Rw U R' U' M U R U' R' is a better alg than M' U M U2 M' U M.

I actually do use this alg though, for 1LLL, it's the normal OLL cancelled into Tperm.

xyzzy

Messing around with ksolve, found this silly pure OLL parity alg: (R parity)5. With the useless alg out of the way, here's some fancy OLLCP parity tricks!

SP = single parity alg (e.g. lucasparity or redbull or whatever)
DP = double parity alg (r2 B2 r' U2 r' U2 …)

Cases labelled the same way as the Roux CMLL case numbers followed by the location of the flipped edge. (I'll think about what to call the 3-flip cases when/if I ever get to that.)

A1f: (y') R U2 F 3d' R U 3r' z' (x DP x') U' 3l' (note that there are some cancellations at the end of the parity alg. regardless, this alg still sucks and you should just do slice OLL parity.)

A2f: R' U' F' (DP) U' F R
A2l: R U' R2 (DP) U2 R2 U R' or (SP) R' U' F' U F R
A2b: R' U' F' (SP) U F R or (y2) R' F R F' (SP or DP U2) U R U2 R'
A2r: (SP) U' F U R U' R' F' or R' F' U' F U R (SP or DP)

A6f: R' (DP) U2 R

(More to come? The full 1-flip set is 27 algs, and the 3-flip set is another 27 algs. Just as with regular OLLCP, most of them probably aren't worth learning, but I've yet to generate the algs.)

JoshV013

This'll be my first post since joining, so hi everybody! I recently got back into cubing after a 2-3 year hiatus, which has allowed me to break all the bad habits I'd developed before and learn new algs that are better/more optimized for my cubing style and prefered fingertricks. For example, I can only do the U2 (index/middle) and D2 (ring/middle) double flicks with my left hand. Before I stopped cubing I hit a 40-45s plateau, and in 2 or 3 months I've already brought my average down to 25-28s. I wanted to share with y'all some things I've been figuring out, and maybe start a dedicated 'does anyone else..' thread at some point.. But for starters, here's my take on the E perm:

Lw U' R' D R U R' D2 L' U L D L' U' Rw

I've been messing around with ways to utilize wide moves and avoid rotations/regrips, which lead me to this one. I always seem to get one of the U or D turns backwards when doing the standard E perm during a solve, but using this alg makes it so all the D turns are with the left hand (no D'). I start with my left hand gripping the cube with my thumb on the U center and middle on the D center. The only regrip I do is with the right hand while doing the D2 with my left, and I do the last U' by pushing with my right index.

Anyway, have any of you seen/used this alg? If not, give it a shot and let me know what y'all think.

Last edited: